Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.



Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Joe Puleo Joe Puleo is offline
PCS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Watchung NJ 07069
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 7 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1959 Cad S&S Amb parts needed, side trim, etc

I recently purchased a 1959 Hess & Eisenhardt model 1443 Professional Parkway Ambulance, and I have started restoration. It was painted about 6 years ago and the shop lost some of the side trim. Also need a stretcher/gurney, jump seat, jack, 2 steel wheels with rivets, and info on what should be on the front floor, carpet, rubber? I've attached a few pics of the car. It was originally built for the Deal First Aid Squad, in Deal, NJ. If you can provide any info on what else should be in the back. All of the cabinets are still there, but that's about it. Thanks.
Attached Images
      
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Joe Puleo For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (04-05-2018), Chuck Kramer (04-05-2018), Fred Goerlitz (04-05-2018), Kurt Arends (04-06-2018), Nicholas Studer (04-05-2018), Paul Steinberg  (04-06-2018), Rich Koski (04-05-2018), Wayne Krakowski (04-05-2018)
  #2  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Richard Vyse Richard Vyse is offline
Website Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Smyrna Beach FL 32168
Posts: 5,206
Thanks: 6,217
Thanked 7,176 Times in 2,363 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 13 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Can't help you but what an AWESOME car. Best of Luck on the restoration.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:00 PM
John ED Renstrom's Avatar
John ED Renstrom John ED Renstrom is offline
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hot Springs SD 57747
Posts: 11,245
Thanks: 3,989
Thanked 14,511 Times in 6,148 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

it going to make a sharp car. I have a set of the correct wheels for the 59. but I would need a swap for the 65 to 67 set. the difference is the outer lip. the early ones used a larger wheel cover I'm guessing if they were side by side one could tell but other then putting a wheel cover one I can not.

you get your out side trim out and fit to the panels it goes on then let us know what your missing. some of that stuff is S&S only the rest may be the same style as the caddy but will not be the same length. anyone of the other pro cars but S&S will not work on anything but the front fenders. as that is the only panel they share that is the same
__________________
drop in for coffee anytime
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Nicholas Studer Nicholas Studer is offline
PCS Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio TX 72812
Posts: 363
Thanks: 288
Thanked 909 Times in 234 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Puleo View Post
... and info on what should be on the front floor, carpet, rubber? I've attached a few pics of the car. It was originally built for the Deal First Aid Squad, in Deal, NJ. If you can provide any info on what else should be in the back. All of the cabinets are still there, but that's about it. Thanks.
Congrats on a great car! What a neat historical artifact indeed.

This car would be more likely to have a full bench rather than flip-up attendant seats.

There’s a lot of photos of similar units on Facebook, shared from the Squads themselves. The sales brochures from S&S are out there too. I’d encourage you to search Newspapers.com - it is likely you can find an original photo of your car in the archives.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Bill Marcy's Avatar
Bill Marcy Bill Marcy is offline
PCS Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hackensack NJ 07601
Posts: 2,120
Thanks: 2,777
Thanked 2,957 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum! As per our conversation last Saturday, I think you will get some assistance, possibly find some parts and you will tap into a vast reservoir of knowledge here.

As for the floor covering, I would think you will need rubber floor covering, however, I do not know for certain.

I am looking forward to meeting you and see your 59 limo, as well as the S&S.
__________________
Co-Chair PCS 2016 Gettysburg Meet
Editor of The Criterion
Past PCS VP
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Joe Puleo Joe Puleo is offline
PCS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Watchung NJ 07069
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 7 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks. We are making progress, the firewall was painted today. We are doing all of the mechanical restoration now.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Puleo For This Useful Post:
Richard Vyse (04-06-2018)
  #7  
Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 PM
John ED Renstrom's Avatar
John ED Renstrom John ED Renstrom is offline
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hot Springs SD 57747
Posts: 11,245
Thanks: 3,989
Thanked 14,511 Times in 6,148 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

looks goos here is the product you want to use on that frame http://www.hirschauto.com/QUART-MIRA...o/MIR%2DQUART/

it will realty do the a good job. just wash off the dirt and wipe the grease spots and brush it on. wear your rubbers you get it on your self you got to wear it off we did the top half of the 53 project with it last week. they have the correct blue for that engine also
Attached Images
 
__________________
drop in for coffee anytime
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John ED Renstrom For This Useful Post:
Bill Leverett (04-05-2018), Bill Marcy (04-06-2018)
  #8  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:03 AM
Paul Steinberg Paul Steinberg is offline
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Woodstock CT 06281
Posts: 6,329
Thanks: 6,727
Thanked 11,777 Times in 3,858 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

The front cabin originally had rubber flooring, however, that is impossible to replace. The next best thing to do is order a black carpet in the cut nylon pile, as was used in the upper end Cadillac in 1959. You should order the 4 door carpet set, and you will only be using partial of the rear floor. The ambulance portion of flooring was originally linoleum, and the pattern used by most of the body builders was Armstrong Colonial Classic in a subdued red brick pattern. This product has been out of production for about 20 years now, and it is extremely difficult to find, but occasionally, someone does find a remnant at an old flooring store.
For the side lower moldings, all the body builders used the standard Cadillac trim. If you have a good stainless steel welder and polisher, you can get the correct lengths by welding or splicing pieces together. Rocker panel moldings were sourced by using the rocker moldings from the factory limousine.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:16 AM
Kurt Arends's Avatar
Kurt Arends Kurt Arends is offline
PCS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Council Bluffs IA 51503
Posts: 1,923
Thanks: 5,606
Thanked 5,279 Times in 2,453 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Steinberg View Post
The front cabin originally had rubber flooring, however, that is impossible to replace. The next best thing to do is order a black carpet in the cut nylon pile, as was used in the upper end Cadillac in 1959. You should order the 4 door carpet set, and you will only be using partial of the rear floor. The ambulance portion of flooring was originally linoleum, and the pattern used by most of the body builders was Armstrong Colonial Classic in a subdued red brick pattern. This product has been out of production for about 20 years now, and it is extremely difficult to find, but occasionally, someone does find a remnant at an old flooring store.
For the side lower moldings, all the body builders used the standard Cadillac trim. If you have a good stainless steel welder and polisher, you can get the correct lengths by welding or splicing pieces together. Rocker panel moldings were sourced by using the rocker moldings from the factory limousine.
That is not correct. Miller-Meteor did not use any of the standard Cadillac body side moldings in the 1959 or 1960 model years.
__________________
1975 S&S Victoria 3-Way Landau
1975 Superior Cadillac 54" Ambulance(Ex Decatur Ambulance Service, Decatur, IL)
1974 M-M Cadillac Lifeliner Ambulance(Ex Minden City/County Safety Authority, Minden, NE)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:18 AM
Kurt Arends's Avatar
Kurt Arends Kurt Arends is offline
PCS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Council Bluffs IA 51503
Posts: 1,923
Thanks: 5,606
Thanked 5,279 Times in 2,453 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Studer View Post
Congrats on a great car! What a neat historical artifact indeed.

This car would be more likely to have a full bench rather than flip-up attendant seats.

There’s a lot of photos of similar units on Facebook, shared from the Squads themselves. The sales brochures from S&S are out there too. I’d encourage you to search Newspapers.com - it is likely you can find an original photo of your car in the archives.
This rig looks to have had jump seats. The original flooring runs the full width of the floor and the right inner well is covered with the red vinyl. It also had a built-in cabinet on the right side.
__________________
1975 S&S Victoria 3-Way Landau
1975 Superior Cadillac 54" Ambulance(Ex Decatur Ambulance Service, Decatur, IL)
1974 M-M Cadillac Lifeliner Ambulance(Ex Minden City/County Safety Authority, Minden, NE)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted: Chrome trim above gas door drivers side rear 70 M-M Alex Butakes Wanted 2 03-28-2015 12:02 AM
1994 S & S Buick Victoria side trim Rick Davis Technical Discussion Forum 6 03-01-2013 09:47 PM
Wanted- Pass side quarter panel trim for 68 Cadillac M-M Scott A. Anderson Wanted 0 11-08-2012 05:41 PM
trim needed Kyle Martin Wanted 0 05-16-2012 12:44 PM
WANTED: Driver side skirt/trim for 1968 M&M Scott A. Anderson Wanted 1 05-06-2012 12:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2009 - 2018 Friends of the Professional Car Society