Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > eBay Listings Discussion Forum

eBay Listings Discussion Forum This is a discussion forum for eBay listings of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for eBay items. Posts with multiple listings will be deleted. Please search to see if the information has been previously posted. Titles must clearly define the discussion. DO NOT POST JUST LINKS! Please explain what the listing is about to start the discussion. Posts that don't meet these requirements may be deleted without notice. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:29 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,262 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Criterion

This looks like it is out of the now deceased Bo Pound collection. Looks like if you are a Criterion-guy, a rare opportunity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Cadilla...pZud3a&vxp=mtr
Attached Images

Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Andrew G. Zajkowski (09-16-2017), Kurt Arends (09-16-2017), Rich Koski (09-16-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 10:26 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,661 Times in 5,763 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

some assembly required. but for 6 grand in the paint job you have though they could have at least done the headlight housings. those orange ones are going to look funny on the red and white car. it is tough to sell a basket case. but they are most lily close on what they have in it right now at the starting price. what I don't see is the rear cabinet. with the engine out still in pieces it will be a hard sell
Kurt Arends (09-16-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 10:45 PM
PCS Member

It is $34,000 or best offer, it seems pricey to me. The problem is, as some of us know, once the speedometer gets going, who knows where it stops.
Past BoD Member

Old 09-16-2017, 08:19 AM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

I noticed the "louvered" hood like the Beverly Hills FD Units were done. Anyone know who owned it new? THX-MM
Old 09-16-2017, 08:43 AM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDonald View Post
I noticed the "louvered" hood like the Beverly Hills FD Units were done. Anyone know who owned it new? THX-MM
Mike, I may be wrong, but I think this ambulance is coming out of the Bo Pound Collection from Gold Star EMS in Georgia. They had quite a collection of ambulances, some restored and others were either in need of restoring, or in the process, when Bo passed away. When they were buying, I sold them two ambulances and they are wonderful people. By looking at the ebay username, I believe the person who uses that name is Steve Vincent, a very nice man. Rather obviously, they know perfectly well they will not get $34K, but they may have that much in it.
Past BoD Member

The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Mike McDonald (09-17-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 11:32 AM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,661 Times in 5,763 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

The problem with the basket case is hardware. If you did not take it apart attempting to but it back togather is not a easy task. Just sorting pieces will drive you crazy. There is always something missing or not repaired . Screws,nuts , finish washers gone . The you have to question what they used were. At least if you take it apart you have a chance .
But looking at the cars in the back ground it is most likely Bo's collection not a lot of the Hortons around.

My advice it to fly in with whom ever you are going to get to put it back togather and look it over will. That might be the best money you spend.
Denny Shira (11-12-2017), James Fischer (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 01:16 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,158 Times in 3,617 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

I know of another basket case that is similar to this, and the seller can't get any interest in it from anyone, for half of this ambulances asking price. I know someone that purchased a Model A basket case, and it took over 3 years to put it all back together, while looking for all the small parts and pieces, and they were experienced with Model A restorations.
You would have to have another parts car along side of this one just for the hardware, and knowledge of how it was assembled originally. Putting the body back together won't be that difficult, but it is all the rest of the car that will be difficult. Who knows what condition the engine & transmission are in, and you wouldn't want to got to the trouble of putting it back into the car, without first going through it completely, because you wouldn't want engine leaks, or a bad transmission. I know that the engine work will run about $5000 to rebuild, and the transmission about $1000 - $1500, depending on what you find when you take it apart. Your upside down in this project before you even start. It will require careful packing of all the parts, and enclosed transportation just to get it to your location. What would you do if you found that a part or even worse, a bunch of parts were missing? My biggest fear would be the plater lost a part, and it went unnoticed, until you got that far along in the project. I misplaced the rear door handle for my 1969 Miller Meteor, and it took over a year until I found another, and it wasn't cheap, since the seller knew how badly it was needed to finish the car. I doubt that there is a Miller Meteor Criterion as a parts car anywhere to be found, unless Pete has one in his yard.
I would love to hear the backstory on why they are not completing this project since they have already taken it this far. Did the person that disassembled and started this restoration, leave or retire? Did they take detailed pictures of the disassembly? Certainly, it will be worth more completed, then it will ever be as a basket case car.
This one reminds me of the flower car that was for sale a few years ago. It was repainted grey, and was drivable, but a basket case, since it was not reassembled. Don't know what ever happened with that one.
James Fischer (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 02:11 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,158 Times in 3,617 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

In the back of my mind, I knew that the louvered hood had some relevance. I have found the thread about this car. It was last owned by Danny Ryder, and it was "incomplete" when he owned it.

http://professionalcarsociety.org/fo...=louvered+hood

additional history found it this post...
James Fischer (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 04:47 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,649 Times in 905 Posts

We have a 76 in the yard.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:14 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Steinberg View Post
In the back of my mind, I knew that the louvered hood had some relevance. I have found the thread about this car. It was last owned by Danny Ryder, and it was "incomplete" when he owned it.

http://professionalcarsociety.org/fo...=louvered+hood

additional history found it this post...

I think Danny Ryder sold it to Goldstar EMS, while Bo Pound was alive.
Past BoD Member