Puerto Rican Funeral

One of my FD's is vacationing in Puerto Rico this week and saw this funeral procession. Anyone want to take a stab at what vehicles we see... Appears to be two hearses as well.

Attachments

• PR2.jpg
    PR2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 294
  • PR1.jpg
    PR1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 294
That Cadillac isn't that strange one-off Eldorado, is it? I can't find it in my books or photos right now, but I remember the weird three windows in the back door.

Nevermind, I found it. Similar, but details (body lines, license plate holder, etc.) are different.

cb4d4603abc5edc05cab8b9183080ddf.jpg

Thanks to Adam for saving me the effort of digging out this piece of literature. To the best of my recollection, there were just two of these Eldorado-based funeral coaches built and sold by the Barron Corporation under the Miller-Meteor banner. I remember seeing the prototype on display at an NFDA convention when first introduced. Unusual to say the least. At least we now know where one of them ended up in service and that at least one has survived.

We had a Ranchero used as a flower car here back in 1975 ! Catholic french funerals are not what they used to be, there was a lot more flowers back then.

Here is a picture in 1975 of our Ranchero owned by my boss, often used as a flower car. I think it was a cyclist who was hit by a car ...

Attachments

• service_funeraire_bicylette_2_f92_modif.jpg
    service_funeraire_bicylette_2_f92_modif.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 207
Did a google search and found this. I asked FD to check funeral homes in area trying to locate the Eldo. Notice the roof line difference.

Attachments

• eldo hearse.jpg
    eldo hearse.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 206
Everything about the photo that Richard posted says '85-'86 deVille to me. I don't see it as being an Eldorado at all.

I was thinking that in the mid 90's during my brief stint selling cars, I encountered a FWD mid to late 80's Cadillac hearse with that window treatment on back, it was a medium blue at a firm in eastern NC.. was thinking it was some incarnation of Miller-Meteor...

Back