1969 Ford Abbott & Hast hearse

Some of you may have heard... that I bought Adam Borkat's hearse recently. My wife and I flew to Atlanta & drove it home to Ohio this past summer. I've wanted this car since it first surfaced 10+ years ago and it feels good to have it finally home! Changed a couple things... the wide whitewalls came off & replaced with a set of "bigs & littles" white letter radials, the 7" back rims were replaced with new 8" wide steel rims, and the 390FE breathes nicely through custom bent dual exhaust and Flowmaster mufflers. We love the look of the steel wheels and dog-dish center caps so only added a set of stainless steel trim rings. It needs paint and a few other upgrades but we're very happy with it as-is! Enjoy

Attachments

• A&H new wheels & tires.jpg
    A&H new wheels & tires.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
This came from the same funeral home about the time the Ford was sold.

Attachments

• DSC06164.jpg
    DSC06164.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC06167.jpg
    DSC06167.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 421
1969 Abbott Hast Hearse

The gold interior is still stunning as well as the green exterior....a very solid coach, especially for a 3 way....no rattles

I Liked the outside but the inside was not my cup of tea . It was ether change the interior or sell it. The interior was to nice to change.

Dan,
Didn't you live through the late '60s and early '70s?? Gold with green was a natural combination! What color was your living room? My bedroom at my parent's home had green-stained wood paneling with gold & green shag carpet from 1972 until around 2000!

Dan,
Didn't you live through the late '60s and early '70s?? Gold with green was a natural combination! What color was your living room? My bedroom at my parent's home had green-stained wood paneling with gold & green shag carpet from 1972 until around 2000!

Lots of vans had that color combo. I think that color lookd better thru smoked filled glasses.:burp::cheers:

We did make a couple other upgrades that i'd forgotten about. It was sagging quite low in the rear so we opted for a new set of rear shocks. Also, the rear bumper was in terrible shape from years of abuse by gurneys, church trucks, and whatever they backed up into! The chrome was very sad looking too. Actually found a brand-new N.O.S. rear bumper on Ebay... still in the Ford-logo wax paper and it fit like a glove.

Dwayne

Nice ride brother !
Dwayne-a-fide changes are looking good.

Adam and his family sure are great people ! I still miss them from the last visit in Toronto years ago.

My dad bought a new green Impala with a black roof in 1972.
Our living room carpet was green at that time too.
Gotta love it !

Enjoy that new-to-you hearse,
Darren

:thumbsup:

Looks good Dwayne can't wait to see it in person. And see you too, it has been a while!

Congratulations on your new coach. I have always liked those conversions.

My grandfather had a Ford Torino in the same green with a black vinyl roof. It certainly evokes that era.

Back