1947 Packard hearse

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bar/5800810974.html

1947 Packard hearse 6000 obo (Leeton)

"I am looking to trade the hearse for a Harley dresser this is a project car bill of sale only text all offers to 6603511720 must be close to equal value"

This one has been for sale, off and on, for quite some time. Several months ago, I phoned the seller. He sounded very eager to sell; I asked him for more pics, he said that he would take and send some, but he never sent them. I changed direction / got distracted by another car...bought the other car....I did not pursue it after that.

I am pretty sure those are wheels off of a Chrysler mini-van.

Probably too far gone for a full restoration compared to other examples available, but I would have thought that a street rod guy would have taken an interest in it by now.

Attachments

• 00Q0Q_6XSfhQNj2uR_600x450.jpg
    00Q0Q_6XSfhQNj2uR_600x450.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 187
The seller does not know the year or the type of coach he has...Does he have a title?
More importantly, this short thread illustrates the importance of this site. We help each other how we can, when we can. The collective knowledge and resources of those on this site is incredible. I have learned something from virtually everyone here.
I was in the investigation stage of purchasing several months ago, and, given my findings, I would not have gone through with a purchase of this particular vehicle. However, someone else may see the add and wish to purchase it. This short 2-reply thread gives a prospective buyer a wealth of information that could help them to make informed decisions about both the vehicle and the seller....all from a single photo of a car in a dark parking lot, and a few knowledgeable and helpful folks. Thanks!
This site is definitely worth the few dollars it costs to be a supporter.

Back