Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Emergency lighting and Sirens

Emergency lighting and Sirens For discussion of emergency lighting and sirens as they are associated with Professional Cars. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:32 PM

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Wiring Federal Interceptor PA-20A 2E Siren

Hi All...

I am a newbie here...recently retired...my first professional experience as a youth was as an EMT-A in an all white 1972 Superior conversion ambulance with cute curtains...it had plenty of power and offered quite a nice ride.

I recently obtained a Federal Interceptor PA-20A 2E Siren which I would like to restore.

Unfortunately it came with absolutely none of the cabling and of course no microphone.

I figure my first step to hoping someone can help me identify a source for the 8-pin power plug and 6-pin signal plug - that connect on the back of this unit...so I can see if the unit even functions anymore after all these years.

Any other thoughts from those that have done this before me will be extremely appreciated - this is my first siren project...!

William
DFW, Texas
Old 09-19-2016, 12:45 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,406 Times in 6,091 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

glad you found us I'm sure there is some help here. E-bay is one source for this kind of stuff. always some one dumping a bunch of things there.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Website Member

Thanked 2,411 Times in 760 Posts
Groans: 1

William.....contact Gary Cahill at www.rescuemarket.com in Elyria, OH. I'll bet he's got exactly what you need. After you get the required plug(s), wiring up is a snap.....red-hot, black-grouind, 2 speaker wires. Then make some noise!!!!

BTW, welcome aboard the "fun train"/

[B][COLOR="Blue"]COURAGE [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]HONOR [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [COLOR="Plum"][COLOR="Navy"]LOVE[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
The Following User Says Thank You to Russell Street For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2016, 05:22 PM

Default Wiring Federal Interceptor PA-20A 2E Siren

As an after-thought - I would also appreciate if someone had a wiring diagram for the microphone circuit.

I do have a couple of old Motorola Spectra microphones handy in a box...I would like to try and wire those up to the Federal PA-20A siren unit.

I of course do not have information on the plug I would need other than looking at the circular female socket on the base which has 4 plug connectors.

Again...any and all thoughts are welcome...!
Old 09-20-2016, 12:23 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 10,220 Times in 2,664 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Here's another great source for light and siren restoration items:

http://dcaptain.com/

He (Dale Cohen) usually has items on eBay, as well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RESTORAT...p2047675.l2557
Old 09-21-2016, 09:11 PM

Thanks for the referral.

I did contact Gary Cahill at ihfiretruck@yahoo.com.

He was very helpful and had what I needed in-stock to purchase in order to complete my desired project. And he got it shipped right out 'Priority Mail' - so I will take delivery in just a couple of days.

I highly recommend him to anyone needing a light or siren-related item...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Street View Post
William.....contact Gary Cahill at www.rescuemarket.com in Elyria, OH. I'll bet he's got exactly what you need. After you get the required plug(s), wiring up is a snap.....red-hot, black-grouind, 2 speaker wires. Then make some noise!!!!

BTW, welcome aboard the "fun train"/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Newman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Website Member

Thanked 2,411 Times in 760 Posts

I refer him on here quite often. The reason is quite simple....he's got a pretty good-sized building (think a little bigger than a Dollar General store), just FULL of lights, sirens, spotlights, radios, and everything that goes with them. You name it. If he don't have it, you most likely don't need it!!!! He's even got a couple fire trucks there!!

He does a great job on refurbing stuff. On Federal Beacons he cleans them up, new skirts, domes, badges and gaskets then sells them for a very fair price. I've got one of his 175's on my desk that is going on our '64 this off season. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

[B][COLOR="Blue"]COURAGE [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]HONOR [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [COLOR="Plum"][COLOR="Navy"]LOVE[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]