1952 Pontiac Hearse Custom - $8200 (Westminster)

No comment but I'm sure there will be some

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5632711076.html
1952 Pontiac Hearse - $8200

Beautiful Vintage Hearse! Full restoration needed. Engine Started when it was parked, but it has been sitting and will need to be towed on a flat-bed. Very long and heavy hearse!

These vehicles are few and far between. Paint was a custom job from the previous owner. Was planning to restore, no time, so now it's on to a new owner that can bring this beast back to life!

Pink Slip in hand. Please look at all of the pictures, this hearse will need some love and devotion, but this is a very hard-to-find vehicle, even for a restoration project. Almost 65 years old, and a beautiful automobile!

Texts are best, calls are alright too, but leave a message if I don't pick up the phone: 714-928-3800 Matthew

More pics in ad.

I believe that this is an Economy judging by the rear vent windows.
Ed, correct me if I'm wrong

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 619
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 369
Second comment....

Engine Started when it was parked, but it has been sitting

This must have been an amazing feat, since there is no carburetor... not to mention, that it is a 1965 or later vintage Chevrolet engine. From the acorn shells on the side of the engine, who knows how many squirrels have been calling this hearse home for how many years!!! Nothing wrong with that engine, that $3500 rebuild, and a few more hundred dollars for the missing parts to complete the engine. Then, we don't know what, if anything, the engine is coupled with. Might just be an engine without a transmission, driveshaft, etc.. Save your money and find a better car that hasn't been molested!

The seller is dreaming Paul is right you have no idea what you are buying. If you have enough mental issues to want to attempt this. Your only hope is to get a 52 Pontiac parts car. The front fenders and hood have been customized so the headlights are messed up the hood is filled no Silver Streak or front molding no grill bumper and guards. At least with a parts car you get a motor transmission rear steering column etc. Who knows whats been cobbeled into it. The only redeeming quality of the coach is it rarity and the fact all the parts needed for the resto are reasonable in price and available readily.

The rear vent windows were common on the two doors with all of them I have a few pictures of both a economy and a armbruster that are set up like this. I do know were a parts car with a compleat running gear sits. But he is dreaming or his wife told him he had to sill it.

but just look here. I was glancing at pictures and I see I have one of this car in it's better days . it is labeled a economy. the picture is labeled jun 30 2010. the base clear is not even pealed off the roof yet

Attachments

• 1952 economy Hearse.jpg
    1952 economy Hearse.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 322
I figured that there would be other comments. most of which I thought.
Ed, thanks for the past pic and clarification - at least down to two - Economy or Armbruster.
Well, at least he took the masking tape off the side flat glass for a better pic.

It would sell if it was priced right. The old rod in need of everything being redone is just not worth running condition price

Back