Eureka Coach Railroad Boxcars

Patrick J. Martin

PCS Life Member/Illini Chapter President
In what has become a tradition, the Illini Chapter will soon be offering our sixth annual coachbuilder model railroad car. For 2016 we have chosen to honor Eureka. We are actually doing two different cars for Eureka this year, one being based on the large sign on the end of their factory that served as a backdrop for many factory photos of completed cars, and one based on their 1930s era advertising.

These will be HO scale cars, but they are not yet available. There has been a manufacturing delay, which is why I'm only able to show artwork for the cars rather than a photograph, but I'm hoping to have them around the end of April. A final price has not been determined yet, pending the final bill from the manufacturer, but I expect it will be around $20 per car.

If anyone would like to be notified when these cars become available, simply let me know and I'll add you to the chapter's mailing list of interested persons.

Attachments

• Eureka.pdf
    222.4 KB · Views: 476
I also am interested,will you be in Gettysburg.

I do intend to be in Gettysburg this summer, but whether or not there are any cars left by then remains to be seen. Last year's Henney car was so popular that they seemingly disappeared in the blink of an eye. But, if you're seriously interested, I'd be happy to take a reservation and set a car or two or more aside for you.

What were all of the releases and how many of each are still available?

Previous releases were:

Riddle Coach & Hearse Company
A. J. Miller Company
Kissel Motor Car Company
Northwestern Casket Company
Henney Motor Company

None are still available. All previous releases are sold out.

Thank you for the interest!

Patrick put me down for 1 of each,will pickup in Gettysburg,but will send you the money prior,shipping to Canada is a pain and expensive.when ready let us know the cost ,thanks

Patrick

I would like one of each please.

Chuck, they are fantastic. Get yours this time and start your annual additions. You have missed out but never to late to start.

Besides, supporting the PCS and it's chapters is a heart warming experience !

:thumbsup:
Darren

Patrick, Put me down for two of each. When they are available, let me know what I owe with shipping. Thanks

I really didn't want one. I just asked the question so the information could be shared by others who might be interested! If I was into that scale of trains I'm sure I would have them in my collection.

Patrick

I would like one of each please.

Chuck, they are fantastic. Get yours this time and start your annual additions. You have missed out but never to late to start.

Besides, supporting the PCS and it's chapters is a heart warming experience !

:thumbsup:
Darren

Chuck

There was also a N scale version at one time.

Only HO these days,
Darren

Darren's right, I had forgotten that we also offered the Riddle Coach car in N scale a year after it had come out in HO, but it ended up being a money loser, so it will likely remain our only N scale offering.

Patrick, I thought I posted a reply earlier that I wanted one of each. I can't find the post, Thanks

Just giving a public shout-out that the cars were received yesterday and are now available. Emails have been sent to those who expressed interest. Thanks!

Back