1970 Parts needed

Do you have an alternator that isn't working, or is yours missing? They are very repairable, but if it is missing, then the next question is, do you need the mounting brackets also, or just the alternator. Do you also need the transistorized regulator?

Can't help on the column, however, any 1969 or 1970 Cadillac steering column will work. My 1969 has a tilt telescopic column, and it is very comfortable to drive. The 1969 column has a rim blow steering wheel, that can be problematic, and in 1970, they changed it back to a center horn blowing mechanism. With all the pick a part yards in California, you shouldn't have much difficulty finding one.

If you need a good dash pad, I have one available.

I contacted James, the seller, and he told me that the lock was broken out, and that the column was in the locked position. Without seeing a picture, I think that the best thing to do is to pull the steering wheel, and punch out the release on the column collar, and pull the lock. Once the lock is out of the way, he can better evaluate exactly what it is going to need. A new lock, lock and upper steering column collar, or a completely new column.
The procedure for removing the lock in described in the 1969 Cadillac service manual on page 9-28.

I contacted James, the seller, and he told me that the lock was broken out, and that the column was in the locked position. Without seeing a picture, I think that the best thing to do is to pull the steering wheel, and punch out the release on the column collar, and pull the lock. Once the lock is out of the way, he can better evaluate exactly what it is going to need. A new lock, lock and upper steering column collar, or a completely new column.
The procedure for removing the lock in described in the 1969 Cadillac service manual on page 9-28.

I gave you a column I believe at ohio meet for a 70 caddy.

Yes, you did, and I used that one to repair the column in my 1969. I scrounged all the useable parts, and then scrapped what was left. Thanks for the column, because it got mine working properly.

I have a NOS regulator, but not an alternator. The one alternator that I do have is for a 1971 - 1976 Cadillac ambulance. I will check a few of my sources for one.

Back