1966 Lincoln Flower Carn In SE Iowa

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I know that this one has surfaced before. Not my thing at all, but there's an ass for every seat! Started life as a 4-door. Hate the skirts. I don't understand why anyone would photograph any car without putting the wheel covers on it??

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5365220541.html

Attachments

• 00202_9AE7OpV8XJS_600x450.jpg
    00202_9AE7OpV8XJS_600x450.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
been many a caddy done that way also. but I'm at a far stretch to call it or them, a flower car. more of a car based pickup. :confused:

Kurt hates skirts ?

man could get a lot of mileage out of this with out trying to..

but I will say those skirts just don't fit that car. the need to drop down in the front and rear to get the flow threw the body. all in this would make a nice shop truck or and great tow rig.

You gotta remember this is NOT a frame car its unibody thats been stretched I would question how strong the stretch part is for towing. If you tow with it you could well distort it or tear it apart on new seams. This would depend on just how good the stretch is. Think about it.

You gotta remember this is NOT a frame car its unibody thats been stretched I would question how strong the stretch part is for towing. If you tow with it you could well distort it or tear it apart on new seams. This would depend on just how good the stretch is. Think about it.

What makes you think this has been stretched?

Too much overhang in the rear (rear wheels back) and looks like it would be an awful long rear door to fill the space between front door and rear wheel opening. I have a 67 four door convertible and rear door does not look that wide.

Too much overhang in the rear (rear wheels back) and looks like it would be an awful long rear door to fill the space between front door and rear wheel opening. I have a 67 four door convertible and rear door does not look that wide.

I just overlayed a 66 Lincoln 4 door over this and everything lines up from the back of the rear wheel well to the front bumper, but it does appear the rear overhang is about 6 inches longer, not sure why they would do all that work just for that little stretch, so Im wondering if its just the angle, but if so, its the only place it was stretched. Im very tempted to check this one out just to get the measurements (and check it out for myself anyway, I like it). I think the color and skirts throw it off making it look more odd than it really is.

Back