'62 Flxible Premier

Thanks for posting this Kurt. We've seen this pink lady before. At some point in its life, it has had the front fenders - or the front clip - replaced with components from a LeSabre - note the three port holes in lieu of the four that always appeared on Flxible-Buicks. This is a Premier limousine-style combination car (FB62-62) that was Flxible's body #18198. It was sold by C.V. Whithorne & Company of Tarzana - Flxible's California dealer. The car was delivered on January 22, 1962 to Miller & Skelton Funeral Home in Sacramento, California. The motor number is/was 4I-1018819. Flxible delivered 76 Premier professional cars in 1962 and this was one of just 44 Premier combination cars built that year (there were 16 funeral cars and 16 Premeir ambulances as well). The car has deteriorated since we last saw it but, looks complete and readily restorable.

Thanks for posting this Kurt. We've seen this pink lady before. At some point in its life, it has had the front fenders - or the front clip - replaced with components from a LeSabre - note the three port holes in lieu of the four that always appeared on Flxible-Buicks. This is a Premier limousine-style combination car (FB62-62) that was Flxible's body #18198. It was sold by C.V. Whithorne & Company of Tarzana - Flxible's California dealer. The car was delivered on January 22, 1962 to Miller & Skelton Funeral Home in Sacramento, California. The motor number is/was 4I-1018819. Flxible delivered 76 Premier professional cars in 1962 and this was one of just 44 Premier combination cars built that year (there were 16 funeral cars and 16 Premeir ambulances as well). The car has deteriorated since we last saw it but, looks complete and readily restorable.

Paul Nix owned this at one time ,pic in front of his place.

Attachments

• 1962 pink hearse online.jpg
    1962 pink hearse online.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 255
You'll note that in the picture taken when Paul Nix owned this car, it had the proper front fenders with the Premier/Electra four ventiports.

I agree with Kurt, this rare beauty should be saved. I don't care much for the "upgrades" but they can always be undone. How wonderful would it be to see this car restored to its original pink glory? How I wish it could be mine!

It looked like a decent upholstery job but in poor taste. This what happens when we let our cars fall into the hands of idiots.

The unfortunate thing is that he is, no doubt, looking to recoup the money that he sunk into those "upgrades". Most of us on this site would have preferred to have bought it as it was when Paul Nix owned it. We all see it now as a fairly major project needing a major investment just to un-do what has been done fairly recently. I see it as a $2000 car in it's present condition which, I assume, would not buy it.

I've seen this car a number of times in person and I think I know where it's currently parked, let me know if you want anything checked out and I can help.

I have a difficult time seeing that '29 Model A hearse in the last photo as "a tribute" to any funeral director!

Back