1961 Chrysler Briarean

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
Here's one for someone looking for something unusual and rare. This is a 1961 Richard Brothers Briarean. These cars were based on Chrysler New Yorker station wagons and featured raised roofs and proper professional car rear loading doors and interiuor appointments. Based on how the description reads, the sellers obviously haven't a clue what this really is and, based on the asking price, this could be a real find for a PCS member. Where you gonna find another one at a comparable price. All the required Mopar parts to bring this one back should be readily available and it is a rare enough car that deserves to be restored, preserved and appreciated. Take a look:

http://classiccarslist.com/chrysler...agon-custom-roof-413-v8-engine-parts-car.html

The car is 20 miles from me I can not make spam code work to send email. My phone 610-216-0045 or email radiograveyard @aol.com. I will take my rollback pay for it and get it out of harms way and anyone who wants it can come get it and pay me.

Here's one for someone looking for something unusual and rare. This is a 1961 Richard Brothers Briarean. These cars were based on Chrysler New Yorker station wagons and featured raised roofs and proper professional car rear loading doors and interiuor appointments. Based on how the description reads, the sellers obviously haven't a clue what this really is and, based on the asking price, this could be a real find for a PCS member. Where you gonna find another one at a comparable price. All the required Mopar parts to bring this one back should be readily available and it is a rare enough car that deserves to be restored, preserved and appreciated. Take a look:

http://classiccarslist.com/chrysler...agon-custom-roof-413-v8-engine-parts-car.html

Keith,
Actually, they were offered on both New Yorker and Windsor/Newport chassis. They were also offered with both a professional car style rear loading door and the standard station wagon rear loading door, such as this car has.

This one is REALLY rough! I have never seen a Chrysler wagon of this vintage with a roof so badly rotted out! Keep in mind that this is a uni-body wagon as well! Probably worth more since it does NOT have the Pro-car style rear loading door, but would be incredibly expensive to restore, given its condition. It will probably go quickly as a parts car!

What a shame to see this once beautiful car rusting to death. I have wanted one of these Briareans for years, but I would like a better one. There probably isn't much chance to find a good one, is there?

ALL: I am guessing whoever bought it may have felt it was a good deal just for the power train and front clip. That model Chrysler with a 413 was used by many state highway patrols across the country including the CHP here in CA

OK two points yes the New Jersey State Police used 413 Chryslers on both the Turnpike and Garden State Parkway in the day they were prizes to get when they were sold I had a few back in the day. Secondly this web site has quite few former Ebay cars listed for less than they were on Ebay for, something is fishy here.

all old adds. but the pictures are the same. might be a deal were some got the bid saw the car and turned it down. you can see from the craigslist add he has no Ida what it is. or it's a scam they are just keeping the dollar amount down to hope for a lot of takers. to me a car like this is a go see one.

Back