Retro Pics of those Retro Rigs

I was kind've curious if anyone out there has any old pics from any of the Old Funeral/Ambulance Coach Factories, Showing what some of these Cars from the "Yester-Years" started out looking like, or Lack there of........I've heard plenty of Stories from many People about what each Coach Started out as, (Front Clip) but I have yet to actually see any Pics of them in that Form.

Granted I can about Picture what they'd look like, I still think it would be neat if anyone out there that had access to these sorta pics could share them with us all and give us a Nice Trip Down "Memory Lane" as they say!

Thanks-
-Ryan

A few

A few pics.

Attachments

• 1955CadChassisAd.jpg
    1955CadChassisAd.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 399
  • 1972 Cadillac Commercial Chassis f.JPG
    1972 Cadillac Commercial Chassis f.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 399
  • Cadillac_Amb_Chassis.jpg
    Cadillac_Amb_Chassis.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 399
Thanks to Jeremy Ledford, I have a couple ... Click on the picture, and then in the lower right hand corner, there will be an icon to click on to see the pictures in there full size. You will need either a big monitor, or to move the picture around on your monitor to see all the detail in these two pictures below. Just think, the average age of the people in the first picture is probably around 30.. today, these people, if they are still alive are now in their 80's. This picture was probably taken in late 1954 or early 1955

the picture below, is of two cars. One is on a lift, and the other is a chassis waiting for a body to be installed. It had both me and Jeremy fooled for a few minutes, until we were able to figure it out. You need to study the picture to see all that is in it..

I don't remember who sent me this picture..

dating Jeremy's pictures

Paul,
The first pics are 55 models. The bottom one where the body in going on the chassis is a 54. I know the grille. I learned to drive in a 54 Coupe de Ville.
Mike

Membership Has Its Rewards

Membership has its rewards: All of those and many more have been published in The Professional Car Magazine, including in centerstretch full color posters. I encourage you to join the club and get all the benefits of membership.

the parts boxes

Can't say for the rest of the builders but Tom Caserta told me the workers at M-M called the parts boxes coffins.
Mike

Back