1972 S & S high top Cadillac ambulance

1972 S&S High Top Cadillac Ambulance

Carl Woerner of Cincinnati, OH, bought the car from the fire dept. and then sold it to Steve Diamond of Port Arthur, TX, and not sure who the next owner was. The car was very sharp, even though I'm not a big fan of the Twin-Sonic myself. I have some pictures of how the car originally looked, but I'm not sure how to attach them in this post.

Wow this is a nice one. Man turn those tires around or put some white walls on it.

you will see that he has the black side out. the problem is no one make a 15 tire heavy enough for that car without the raised white letters. this set are printed on both sides. they are up to the price of a paint job now

Be still, my beating heart - wish I had the room and cash to add this one to the fleet. This one has Chris Elize's name all over it - you better buy it so I don't have to think about it.

The Superior lights need to go - I prefer the S&S front tunnels, but a pair of 184s or even the Twin Sonic would look better.

With all the big stuff done, this one deserves a great home.

Be still, my beating heart - wish I had the room and cash to add this one to the fleet. This one has Chris Elize's name all over it - you better buy it so I don't have to think about it.

The Superior lights need to go - I prefer the S&S front tunnels, but a pair of 184s or even the Twin Sonic would look better.

With all the big stuff done, this one deserves a great home.

I just happen to know where there is a '76 S&S parts car that still has the front tunnels on it! I am sure that there are other S&S high top ambulance parts cars out there willing to give up their front tunnels.

you will see that he has the black side out. the problem is no one make a 15 tire heavy enough for that car without the raised white letters. this set are printed on both sides. they are up to the price of a paint job now

The American Classic radial whitewalls I put on the Superior are rated at 1894 per tire. Does this S&S weigh more than 7400 pounds?

The American Classic radial whitewalls I put on the Superior are rated at 1894 per tire. Does this S&S weigh more than 7400 pounds?

original equipment tires on a pro car were rated at 2500 at 40 psi. they put them on for a reason.

now you and I are running tires rated the same. my 72 Seville and your Pontiac. we are getting away with it because both of them are light cars,we are not loading them up with people and equipment and we are not driving them hard or vary much at all. but to get my car to handle, I have to keep the air up to 40 psi in the rear as recommended by the after market builder. as you can see on the Seville, they ran a lighter tire then on the heaver car. these are 6 ply with a 8 ply rating the spare out of Paul's 69 was a full 8 ply as was the one out of my 72 olds high top.

me if I was running high top I would have 700x15 8 ply rated tires on it

Attachments

• IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4142.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 85
Back