Huge lot of Precision Miniatures- St. Louis

I remember standing in a die-cast dealers tent in Iola, WI who had all of them available for sale when still in production. I got him down to $80 each, cash & carry. I bought 2 of them, the black landau '59 Superior and the red/black '59 Superior ambulance. I fretted over spending that much on 2 die-cast cars after buying them. I should have bought every one he had!!

I sold my 59 red/white ambulance on eBay but did not pack it as well as I should have so the buyer wanted to return it since the wheels broke off. I refunded his money and got the ambulance back. I'm so glad I did. I glued the wheels back on and using Styrofoam blocks under it to support it. Can't tell unless you attempt to roll the wheels or pick it up and flip it over.:eek:

thee is a active market for them but I wait for 10 years or so to pick one up at a yard sale.

They only seem to be getting more and more expensive. (Not as bad as the 1:43 models that bring a lot more money). I collected most of my 1:18 models from craigslist and I'm seeing fewer and fewer on there. Got good deals on a lot of mine because of a missing piece or two.

I've spent a lot on them, but don't regret it- they bring endless enjoyment to me. I just look at them and zone out =) Lots less upkeep and work than the real thing too. =) (which of course has its own rewards).

I sold my 59 red/white ambulance on eBay but did not pack it as well as I should have so the buyer wanted to return it since the wheels broke off. I refunded his money and got the ambulance back. I'm so glad I did. I glued the wheels back on and using Styrofoam blocks under it to support it. Can't tell unless you attempt to roll the wheels or pick it up and flip it over.:eek:

LOL, Richard. I'm the guy that bought it from you ad sent it back. Don't feel bad, it turns out it was a weak point in their construction. I, since, bought two more and unless they are re-packed in the original styro-foam container, throwing them in a simple box, even with tissue /toilet paper and putting them in the mail, results in the wheels and sometimes the lights/mirrors being broken off. Both also arrived damaged! Those 'bits' must be too heavy or brittle to take the momentum of the journey.
I've watched these diligently, selling for as much as $500 on eBay (especially at Halloween), though $250 (or less, if possible) IS the money today. There might be the occasional garage sale 'super buy' (like Ed said), but, I see these going even higher as Precision, as you know, is OOB. If some crazy cable TV show covers them in a feature story, like 'American Pickers', they will surely really take-off. I bought 5 for the Museum/home display. My opinion, They really ARE nice. :D

LOL, Richard. I'm the guy that bought it from you ad sent it back. Don't feel bad, it turns out it was a weak point in their construction. I, since, bought two more and unless they are re-packed in the original styro-foam container, throwing them in a simple box, even with tissue /toilet paper and putting them in the mail, results in the wheels and sometimes the lights/mirrors being broken off. Both also arrived damaged! Those 'bits' must be too heavy or brittle to take the momentum of the journey.
I've watched these diligently, selling for as much as $500 on eBay (especially at Halloween), though $250 (or less, if possible) IS the money today. There might be the occasional garage sale 'super buy' (like Ed said), but, I see these going even higher as Precision, as you know, is OOB. If some crazy cable TV show covers them in a feature story, like 'American Pickers', they will surely really take-off. I bought 5 for the Museum/home display. My opinion, They really ARE nice. :D

Same thing happened to my 59 Superior ambulance's wheel. I drilled a hole and added a pin before gluing the wheel back on, and so far it hasn't come back off. I just don't pick that one up to look at is as much as the others. =)

Back