Looking for part information

I'm trying to replace the radiator in the '94 Superior Cadillac. Does anyone happen to know the part number for the correct radiator. I picked one up from Autozone but it's not right.

Ok, this is going to get long-winded so pull up a chair.

First thing your coach was not built on a commercial chassis. It was built on a sedan chassis according to the VIN number.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

GM had discontinued the radiator with no part number in the catalog. Your car was built with GM RPO(regular production option) KC4, engine oil cooler and KD1 transmission cooler (auxillary in addition to the radiator integrated cooler).
The only radiator GM shows a listing for is for cars with KC4 and VO8, the last one being heavyt duty cooling. Your RPO list does not indicate your car is so equipped. The radiator they show for KC4 and VO8 is sized at 30 5/16" wide, 17 1/8" tall with a core width of 7/8".

After beating my head against the wall trying to find out anything more I called my contact at 1-800-RADIATOR. We use them as a alternate supplier when we need a lower priced part or like in this case when we cannot get one from GM. They are pretty much nationwide so they should be able to help you.

His listing, P/N 1517 is for cars equipped with the engine oil cooler and the previously mentioned transmission cooler options. And the same exterior dimensions EXCEPT for the core width, his is 1 3/8" wide. His part is aluminum with plastic tanks, IIRC your O.E. was the same thing but time dims memory.

So, FWIW you might try that, or if you need it I can get you the GM number but I'm not sure how the V08 cooling would screw up your mounting.

So, I'm not much help

First thing your coach was not built on a commercial chassis. It was built on a sedan chassis according to the VIN number.

GM had discontinued the radiator with no part number in the catalog. Your car was built with GM RPO(regular production option) KC4, engine oil cooler and KD1 transmission cooler (auxillary in addition to the radiator integrated cooler).
The only radiator GM shows a listing for is for cars with KC4 and VO8, the last one being heavy duty cooling. Your RPO list does not indicate your car is so equipped. The radiator they show for KC4 and VO8 is sized at 30 5/16" wide, 17 1/8" tall with a core width of 7/8".

After beating my head against the wall trying to find out anything more I called my contact at 1-800-RADIATOR. We use them as a alternate supplier when we need a lower priced part or like in this case when we cannot get one from GM. They are pretty much nationwide so they should be able to help you.

His listing, P/N 1517 is for cars equipped with the engine oil cooler and the previously mentioned transmission cooler options. And the same exterior dimensions EXCEPT for the core width, his is 1 3/8" wide. His part is aluminum with plastic tanks, IIRC your O.E. was the same thing but time dims memory.

So, FWIW you might try that, or if you need it I can get you the GM number but I'm not sure how the V08 cooling would screw up your mounting.

So, I'm not much help but PM me if any more questions.

The only radiator GM shows a listing for is for cars with KC4 and VO8, the last one being heavy duty cooling. And NO KD1. Your RPO list does not indicate your car is so equipped with VO8. The radiator they show for KC4 and VO8 is sized at 30 5/16" wide, 17 1/8" tall with a core width of 7/8".

So, I'm not much help but PM me if any more questions.

The radiator that was in my car with a build date of 4-9-94 has 3/8" transmission cooling line whereas the stock Fleetwood radiator has 5/16" transmission cooling lines. The part number I received is CU(?)1517 and is not correct. The car is built on Cadillac's B9Q hearse package.

The radiator that was in my car with a build date of 4-9-94 has 3/8" transmission cooling line whereas the stock Fleetwood radiator has 5/16" transmission cooling lines. The part number I received is CU(?)1517 and is not correct. The car is built on Cadillac's B9Q hearse package a Commercial glass Sovereign. Thanks for your help!

The 9C1 actually crossed my mind after I put in the 1517. Good to hear that it's been working for you Ed. Again, thanks for all the help and information. It means a lot.

Pat, I rechecked your VIN today and saw the B9Q option, sorry I missed that.

They changed our EPC system Monday and I'm still trying to get used to the new catalog format including the #^$*&^$ small print that Snap-On (who makes the electronic parts catalogs for GM) says that they cannot correct until next month. Don't they know at almost 64 old farts like me need bigger print?

Another suggestion when going with the new radiator try to get the whole system drained. Put back antifreeze NOT 50-50 coolant (why pay for water?) and distilled NOT tap water. This get the system as free of minerals as you can cuts down on corrosion. When I had my 87 Turbo Buick this was the accepted way to keep aluminum corrosion down. You might also want to think with radiator out replace water pump just cause its easier and remember on LT-1s bad water pump equals bad Opti Spark (More great GM engineering). Let us know how project goes.

as I recall Pat has just got finished doing he water pump and problems associated with it. if you want to be safe wit the aluminum set up you put the pink stuff in it and go.

the problem cones in with there rear wheel drive in a front wheel drive body. most parts books have those models removed to save space in there 8 gig computer???

you know gm used something off the rack. so it's either the caprice or the pick up radiator they used. so it spouts in the right place and tyranny and engine oil cooler

quick check on e-bay just now brings up this one

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 103
Ed I correct. I put in a new water pump, Optispark, and laundry list worth of work on it back in February. The radiator I have is similar to the one shown above. I had to change the lines from 3/8th fittings to 5/16th fittings on the driver side. Trans cooler side I believe. It also doesn't have the over flow nipple like the original so hopefully that won't be a bother.

Back