Car covers? What do you use? Best bang for the buck?

Have several larger cars needing covers. 1960 Cadillac Imperial Limo at 245 inches long, 1958 Cadillac Imperial Limo at 238 inches long. May need slightly larger than usual to accommodate the fins being higher than a "regular" car.

Also have a Custom 1958 Cadillac that was a Sixty-Special and was converted into a flower car and lengthened to 250 inches long. Presently undergoing restoration.

We live in a warehouse so weather, nor wind, nor rain is not a problem. But it gets really dusty!

Any recommendations? Hoping to get in the $100 range or so. Could go $200 each if necessary.

Covers

I have used California car covers for well over 20 years.....from $2500 VW Beetle to $75000.00 Porsche.
And the last few years for my ambulance.
Always recieved #1 Service and product,they are CUSTOM fit covers that will be made for your vehicle if not in stock.
Only thing is they arent $100.00 covers.....they offer "dust" covers as well as all out rain proof.....

http://www.calcarcover.com/

Ditto with James. You send measurements and they make the cover to fit. I have also been buying from them for 20-25 years and have never had an issue. In my books, they are the best. I have been racing with those guys for years and they are a great family oriented bunch!

Same, I have customer fitted california car car covers on my 76 Cad 75 sdn ; and 73 Superior Coupe de Fleur. custom fit like a glove ,will last forever but the are not $ 100. Much better quality.

Surplus T-10 or MC-1-1 parachute, made out of soft, high quality nylon. Easily available on eBay for somewhere around $50-75 shipped without the lines (which we don't need).

Not particularly useful for outdoor storage, but excellent for indoors. Keeps dust/grime off pretty well. Can't beat the price.

Attachments

• 2015-03-05 17.00.49.jpg
    2015-03-05 17.00.49.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 231
for inside I would go with Nick. easy to wad up takes a small space to store and does the trick. army surples store might be a good source also. but for side storage I have used the California car covers. just replaced the one on the 86 this year it lasted out in the SD weather for about 10 years. got tires of the chap covers off e-bay on the 53 and broke down this year and on a Calf. cover for it to.

I like the parachute idea. Im usually not a fan of car covers, but it takes me so long to get my cars detailed anymore, that by the time I get done its covered in dust again.
So, how is it on the paint? Will this type of material scratch it?

they are a vary light soft material so will only work for cars inside as mainly a dust cover. what is need about them is they are so big that by the time you get it off you have wiped off any dust that has accumulated in the last 6 months.

they are a vary light soft material so will only work for cars inside as mainly a dust cover. what is need about them is they are so big that by the time you get it off you have wiped off any dust that has accumulated in the last 6 months.

My cars are inside, and I only want it for a temporary dust cover (basically if I plan on going to a show, having the car ready and covered for a couple days), other than that, most likely they will still be uncovered. That is why Im interested in this idea, a traditional car cover would just be more money than I would want to pay when it will spend most of the time crumpled up in a box. As long as it keeps the dust off and will not scratch the paint, that's all I care about.

Back