Ferno or Reeves

I've been asking about an older Reeves for a while now - no luck.

Reeves still sells them in the older black color from what their spec sheet says. Their customer service folks won't e-mail back though - I plan to call this week.

Good Luck

They are a hot commodity. I personally have three but I am looking to buy two more. They are through the roof brand new and just as bad used. I lucked out on two of mine at Hudson when I bought both from a guy at a cheap price. I got the other one on eBay.

Ok I'll bite what is a 131. anyone have a pictures of it?

Thanks Ed! I know nothing about stretchers, whether Ferno, Reeves, or whatever. It would be great if someone could post a few pics, with model number, manufacturer, etc. It would be like a crash course for those of us who need it.

will with the understanding you can't help everyone I can't find a ferno 131 listed in any of that.

A ferno 131 or a Reeves 101 are flexible stretchers that you can wrap around a patient or body, they have wood slats built into them for support, straps to hold the body in, and 6 web handles for easy carrying. They are a must for funeral homes.

with the hand loops on the side. I always though the scoop was a lot handier and you could do more with it. like once the person was belted in you stand it on edge and walk them out of a tight space. two people could handle it fine. with the reeves you had to keep putting them back in place as they slid out. and it worked best with at least 4 people. also the folding scoop took up less room in the rig.

with the hand loops on the side. I always though the scoop was a lot handier and you could do more with it. like once the person was belted in you stand it on edge and walk them out of a tight space. two people could handle it fine. with the reeves you had to keep putting them back in place as they slid out. and it worked best with at least 4 people. also the folding scoop took up less room in the rig.

I'm short, the Reeves is awful to use. Give me a scoop any day.

Back