1968 Pontiac Ambulance for sale

1968 Pontiac Ambulance for sale. Odometer shows 68,635, has a 400ci engine. Car needs complete going over and refurbishing. It ran when I pulled it into the garage approx 8 yrs ago. Needs a new battery. It comes with a good compliment of period correct equipment model 30 cot with mattress, 3 folding stretchers, suction unit, O2 regulator, E&J resuscitator, O2 tanks, Ambu bag and wooden backboard. All lights worked when last checked, Federal hill light, 2 extra bullet lenses, a John Dorgan rebuilt Federal double tone with brake and solar ray. Have curtains with rods and mounts and non-illuminated raised roof front sign and frame. Asking $ 5300 OBO. This car originally served the Western Lane County Hospital in Florence Oregon. I believe it then went to a Vol F.D. or two and a stock car track. I have some old paper work and a Superior parts book. I've described the project as best I can, any questions please ask. I will attempt to post pics. The car is also listed on CL Chicago with pics. Thanks Tom

would this be it?

Attachments

• 1968 superior pon.JPG
    1968 superior pon.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 576

Attachments

• 00A0A_5i9vYTg479g_600x450.jpg
    00A0A_5i9vYTg479g_600x450.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 543
  • 00o0o_8n46tfYxURn_600x450.jpg
    00o0o_8n46tfYxURn_600x450.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 554
  • 00X0X_5zVQM2oDA5f_600x450.jpg
    00X0X_5zVQM2oDA5f_600x450.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 546

I'm working on more pics, interior front and rear, engine compartment and frame.

Attachments

• summer 2014 68 ambulance 063.jpg
    summer 2014 68 ambulance 063.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 499
  • summer 2014 68 ambulance 065.jpg
    summer 2014 68 ambulance 065.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 497
  • summer 2014 68 ambulance 071.jpg
    summer 2014 68 ambulance 071.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 506
  • summer 2014 68 ambulance 073.jpg
    summer 2014 68 ambulance 073.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 501
  • summer 2014 68 ambulance 092.jpg
    summer 2014 68 ambulance 092.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 508
  • summer 2014 68 ambulance 096.jpg
    summer 2014 68 ambulance 096.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 510
This is a over all solid ambulance from out west. The worst rust I saw was the front floor pans are rusted out. I assume from the windshield leaking at one time. There is some rot in front of the left rear wheel area but a good solid project car.

SOLD!

I am excited to say that this beautiful ambulance will be coming to a garage near me! I have always loved, but never owned a Superior of this vintage and body style and it has long been a dream of mine to own one. Obviously, the ambulance will need lots of work, even just to be a good and dependable driver, but over time, she will be done. I can't wait to actually see her in person and be able to know that she is really our ambulance. However, I think it might be a while before she gets to NJ.

The minute I saw this beautiful ambulance, I was in love, even Lucille is excited. As soon as I spoke with Tom, I knew he is a gentleman and a great guy to talk with. I am grateful to Tom that he and I were able to reach agreement and I look forward to making him glad he sold her to me. THANKS TOM!

Hello All,
As stated by Bill the car is sold. I'm very disappointed that I have to part with this car. But at the same time, relieved and excited that it is going to someone who will restore and enjoy it. Thanks to all who commented, got the pics up and showed an interest, I believe that helped us both, great group of people. Bill best of luck with your new baby.
Thanks again.
Tom.

68 Superior

CONGRATULATIONS Bill !! :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :):):)

And welcome to the "Superior Ambulance Owners Association" !!! :D ;)

I know you are excited ,as I know I would surely be !!

Best of luck with her and "enjoy the ride" !!

Bill, Best of luck with your new ride. I too, am an admirer of Superior Pontiac's of that era.
Thomas, sorry that you had to part with the 68. Rest assured that it is going to a good home,where it will be well cared for.:applause:

Now it just needs to be painted metallic green with a white roof to match the interior!! Red would be totally wrong for this car.

The original color of this ambulance is actually a Pastel Mint Green, top and bottom! I think Tom said the original color is actually a Mopar color from the Fifties, if memory serves me correctly, I think he called it Graber Green, or something like that. I think the ambulance would be stunning in either color, but we are a loooong way from having to make that decision. As for the mirrors, I am inclined to agree with you Kurt.

Those camper mirrors or west coast mirrors were usually added to improve visibility for crews,and too save countless body shop bills due to the fact way too many people never learn how to back up properly,as a note our local service added backup cameras and guess what mirrors are being clipped because they forget they are there and wider than the truck duh,me I was old school,(the Italian racer from gumball rally) whats behind me is not my problem.LOL.but that car is a beauty keep us posted thank you for saving it.:applause:p.s. lose those mirrors.

Back