1975 MM Landau Traditional 19,000 Miles

Cary Livingston

Southeastern Chapter President
1975 Miller Meteor Landau Traditional End Loader. 19,800 original as well as southern miles. Purchased new by Church and Son FH in Clarkesville GA in Aug 1975. As far as I have been told this was the only landau C&S ever owned. It was also the last coach they bought. Used sparingly until 2004 when the funeral home was closed down. Stored in of all places in a cattle field as the executor was going to use the virginal drivetrain in a hot rod. Thankfully that didn't happen but sitting outside did not help it. I rescued the car in March of this year, had it transported to NC as the original 8.90-15's were still on it and dry rotted to all hell. It had a full tank of bad gas and barely ran. I installed a fuel filter before the fuel pump and simply let the car idle the bad gas out. I replaced the fuel pump, water pump, hoses, correct 80 amp alternator and front fuel lines. 4 new Kuhmo Extra load whitewalls. New muffler. The car had light rust spots that had "run" sitting in the weather which made it look worse than it was. My goal was to make it a "20 footer" by May for the Asheville SE Regional meet. I said last year I would have a car at Asheville and I did! After sitting 10 years I test drove it locally and bit the dust and drove it to Asheville. 200 miles over the weekend. It had some fuel delivery/vapor locking issues returning home ( I made it) which I hope have been resolved with a clogged carb filter as well as a new thermostat( which I ran out of time trying to do before Asheville). It is simply one of the tightest Caddys I have ever owned. It is what you would expect of a southern low mileage car, clean fenders, quarters and undercarriage. Had typical MINOR rusting in quarters, rockers and doors where crud collected behind mouldings. It did have some more serious rust starting on the rear roof line where the factory applied bondo cracked over the years. Most all rust spots were sandblasted, treated and quick body work done with a non matching white. The paint is salvageable if you or your paint body guy are good ( our local NAPA sucks at paint matching). I am awaiting a non rainy day to compile a million pictures. The car is North Carolina TITLED in my name as it came from a non title state. I have gone through this car fairly well to bring it where it is today. It is NOT flawless but can be with patience and time. Low mileage southern cars like this just simply are not out there anymore. It is also a blank canvas with a damn near perfect black vinyl/white formica interior to be color changed to match a fleet. The more I mess with this car, the more I like it but other vehicles are calling for my attention. I'd like to see this get a loving home. $4750. or serious offers. My number is in the roster, no calls after 8pm please or email me at cnmwnc AT gmail.com.

75mm42814a_zps71e6c33b.jpg

Do you have any wide angle pictures of the right side and also showing the rear right quarter panel of the car?

Do you have any wide angle pictures of the right side and also showing the rear right quarter panel of the car?

I have ~100 photos of this car and availability of more as time allows for a serious buyer. I do not have indoor storage for this car and my next "vault" is already spoken for. :D

SOLD! My ex Church and Son 75 went down the road today to it's new home back in Georgia. I took a sizable deposit on this the 1st of November and due to timing issues etc it finally went to a good PCS member home where it will be redone in new all white paint (with smooth roof) just as Church's ordered it in 75. I struggled with letting this 19k mile car go but other projects took a front seat. I called the new owner on his way home today to see how the 4 hour trip was going only to find out the car laid down with some minor issues.......a mile from where it served for 30 years. He still has a love affair with the car and it will return to a new all white paint scheme hopefully to be seen at the..... NHAA SE Regional Meet

wgw2_zpsf122e14c.jpg

Back