purple headlights

hearseclub.com Under store catagory- 2 different styles , solid purple round as you want, or silent siren purple round.

someone used to have them on ebay 10-12 years ago and they were a much better quality than the ones that are posted above. i bought a couple sets of them and one faded really quick and the other the purple peeled off. the ones that came from a different ebay seller years ago are still holding up very well. wish i knew where those came from so i could buy more for my other cars.

With the exception of 4434A, manufacturers have ceased production of colored sealed beams. That leaves two options for coloring them yourself. The first is called Colorine. It's available through companies that sell stage lighting but doesn't last very well. This is probably what was used on the lamps that Darlene had bad luck with. The other choice is Krylon stained glass enamel. It looks good and holds up a lot better than Colorine. Nothing lasts as well as sealed beams with the dye actually in the glass but Krylon Stained Glass Enamel is the best substitute I've found.

another option I have done before and works well, "House of color" has a product called adhero--adhesion promoter, you can clean the lenses with acetone, then spray adhesion promoter, then spray them with purple candy coat, and a coat of urethane clear and they hold up very well. Just like paint on your car. I have done the same on kustom painting Harley v-rod's candy painting over the aluminum panels.

Just another way at doing it all the materials are not cheap, so if you are going to do it might as well line up a hand full of them and do them all at once.

I use Tamiya clear paint for plastic model kits, and I apply a clear on it after. Dont know if you can have "purple" or you will have to mix but the red, blue and amber are excellent. That's the cheapest way I painted my sealed beams and even after 3 years it looks perfect.

another option I have done before and works well, "House of color" has a product called adhero--adhesion promoter, you can clean the lenses with acetone, then spray adhesion promoter
most all the paint lines have a adhesive promoter. never though of using it on glass but thats the best Ida I have heard. you can make your candy color by adding clear to a paint also. but don't pick a metallic or pearl.

Back