Res "Q" or Zephyr by Christopher

James Fischer

PCS Member
I have never seen one of these vehicles from Christopher,so I am wondering are there any around,better yet any owned by any PCS members ??

A friend of my neighbor told me that his brother used to work for a company called Christopher "back east" in the early 60's before moving west in the late 60's and going to work for a coach 'dealer" in Burlingame Calif.
He said the design of those ambulances and rescue trucks was very RADICAL for the day........almost futuristic.....but he has never seen any......makes 2 of us.....

I know that there were some previous models made/designed by Christopher,but I am speaking of THESE particular models......

I would love to get some more information on these I have not seen any listed in the ambulance/hearse books(at least that I own).....
So just what is the deal with these ProCars ??

007-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-5.jpg

James, I have never seen any of these, they look like something out of Bat Man. When you said Christopher, I was thinking of some older models that we saw pictures of a few years back, nothing like these.

To my knowledge, none of these were ever built. All I've ever seen is these artist's conceptions. I imagine the station wagon conversions would've been a tad top heavy!

We know this is what Christopher ambulances really looked like, and this one is owned by a collector (forget who).

As for the huge roof thing or the Pontiac and Olds shown, I'm with Steve - we've never seen one and never seen a picture of a real one, so it would seem these were just ideas that never came to fruition.

Of course, if anyone has any pictures of a real one and can share them, that would change the assumption considerably!

Attachments

• 63ChristopherChevy1.jpg
    63ChristopherChevy1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 372
We know this is what Christopher ambulances really looked like, and this one is owned by a collector (forget who).

As for the huge roof thing or the Pontiac and Olds shown, I'm with Steve - we've never seen one and never seen a picture of a real one, so it would seem these were just ideas that never came to fruition.

Of course, if anyone has any pictures of a real one and can share them, that would change the assumption considerably!

Steve, this one was owned by deceased PCS member Lloyd Ray. It was on Ebay after his death, no idea who owns it now.

Back