2013 Accubuilt MKT Limo

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Below are photos of the first Accubuilt Lincoln MKT limo shown with the new trunk treatment that I've seen. Photos taken at Ambulance & Coach Sales, Nashville Tennessee.

Jeremy D. Ledford photos.

Attachments

• image-3693067741.jpg
    image-3693067741.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 570
  • image-3589263414.jpg
    image-3589263414.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 606
  • image-2080299738.jpg
    image-2080299738.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 664
  • image-401200574.jpg
    image-401200574.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 558
  • image-3820153848.jpg
    image-3820153848.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 610
  • image-525034820.jpg
    image-525034820.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 583
Still not sure what to think on this one, but I think its better than the suv version. How big is the inside? the lid seems pretty small.

yes that Bently look. they say that bussles are commig back. now if they just had a noise for the thing . I like the roof line.

What did they do... put the glove box on the back of the car ?!

Hey, I know funeral limos don't need a truck, but that is way to small unless it has it's own airbag inside.

Darren

I really wish these coach builders would get there SH*t together and build something that looks classy and dignified instead of sporty and trendy.

In my veiw ...A Funeral Coach should not have mag wheels on it A nice white wall tire with a full wheel cover would look so much better...... more dignified

isn't that what a Funeral should be ??? classy and dignified ? not sporty and Trendy ?

I really wish these coach builders would get there SH*t together and build something that looks classy and dignified instead of sporty and trendy.

In my veiw ...A Funeral Coach should not have mag wheels on it A nice white wall tire with a full wheel cover would look so much better...... more dignified

isn't that what a Funeral should be ??? classy and dignified ? not sporty and Trendy ?

They have to do with what they get from the manufactures. Almost all cars have mag wheels now, its cheaper than making the rim and hubcap. It has been done for many years, my 85 Superior FWD even had mag wheels. Do you expect the coachbuilders to manufacture rims and wheelcovers? Also, white wall tires are becoming a thing of the past, its getting harder and harder to find them in certian sizes, without goint to Diamond Back or similar comapnies.
Sporty and trendy is the way its all going, they have to adapt. You dont think the 59 Caddys were trendy at the time?

You dont think the 59 Caddys were trendy at the time?[/QUOTE]

sure they were trendy.....but they had something that the new ones don't have.........STYLE !

You dont think the 59 Caddys were trendy at the time?

sure they were trendy.....but they had something that the new ones don't have.........STYLE ![/QUOTE]

true, but style is in the eye of the beholder and this is what the younger generation thinks is cool. I know some old guys that grew up in the 40s, and they say the same thing about the 60s cars as we do about these.

sure they were trendy.....but they had something that the new ones don't have.........STYLE !

true, but style is in the eye of the beholder and this is what the younger generation thinks is cool. I know some old guys that grew up in the 40s, and they say the same thing about the 60s cars as we do about these.[/QUOTE]

Its funny, i always remember a particular author that wrote a complete history on cadillac book. He refused to put a picture of a 59 in his book.

"It is interesting to note that Maurice D. Hendry, author of Cadillac: Standard of the World, The Complete Seventy-Year History, refused to include a picture of the regular production '59 Cadillac in his book. He said that, "This year saw the tail fins reach a literally ridiculous height.... The fins had plenty of critics including this writer"

Hard to imagine any one would feel this way about a 1959. Johns right unfortunately. They work with what they got and sleek edgy sporty is where the cars are these days. I dont care for this limo either. But i love the Eagle Cadillac XTS hearse. (i think it was Eagle...the one without the jon boat on the roof.)

I'm with mr Hendry. as was the rest of the USA. 59 was the year that ford out sold GM across the board. that was the reason for the major body change in 60. as for wheels they could use any number of after market wheels to tone things down. but with only one manufacture there is no interest I competing with your self. you have all ready bought the factory wheels. why spend more making it look good

Back