Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM
PCS Life Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default spotted in a parking lot...

Hi Everyone!

A friend in Florida took this photo and sent it to me figuring I would find it interesting, and of course he was right!!
As most of you can identify, this is a 1969 S&S Victoria 3-Way hearse (that is if "I" am identifying it properly!!) looks like well worth restoring, seems to be sitting with no rear license plate??
What I find interesting is the forward roof treatment. I do not know if you can see it in the picture without enlarging it. I have seen half roofs and such before but this one is inboard of the drip rails by a few inches above the rear side doors before it goes across the top. I don't recall seeing one like this before, was this done when built or maybe sometime afterwards??
anyway, just thought it was interesting and figured I would share!!

Dana Bennett
Forestville, NY

The Following User Says Thank You to Dana Bennett For This Useful Post:
Walt McCall (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 12:21 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,776 Times in 3,857 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

That coach I believe belongs to Jen & Nick Mullins, and was shown at the 2012 International Meet. Even though it has suicide doors on the sides, it is described as being an end loader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Steinberg For This Useful Post:
Dana Bennett (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 AM
PCS Life Member

really??!! I had thought Superior was the only coach company that you could order suicide doors on any type of coach?? neat! Thanks paul!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 AM
PCS Member

Default different

i met jen and nick,and eat dinner at my table,good people,i think that is there car,because i did notice that it does not have the side door top,how would anybody describe it,moulding or not smooth door,also dont know if they are on this site,because it was never told to me that i had to sesscribe to the site,and also the pcs. i did not know untill bruce helped me to understand a little better,when i got a message from jen yesterday,i dont think she is on site,please contact her,and help her to,also please send me a magisine,and no thanks to richard vyse to help me,even though i like richard,he is in is own world,P.S. Richard i sent you a message to friend me and once again i got egnored,love you richard Brian 917-499-9994
Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,957 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Whelan View Post
i met jen and nick,and eat dinner at my table,good people,i think that is there car,because i did notice that it does not have the side door top,how would anybody describe it,moulding or not smooth door,also dont know if they are on this site,because it was never told to me that i had to sesscribe to the site,and also the pcs. i did not know untill bruce helped me to understand a little better,when i got a message from jen yesterday,i dont think she is on site,please contact her,and help her to,also please send me a magisine,and no thanks to richard vyse to help me,even though i like richard,he is in is own world,P.S. Richard i sent you a message to friend me and once again i got egnored,love you richard Brian 917-499-9994
Paul, what the Hell is that all about? Never mind, I really don't care to get in the middle of a love story.
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,776 Times in 3,857 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marcy View Post
Paul, what the Hell is that all about? Never mind, I really don't care to get in the middle of a love story.
Don't ask me... I stay out of other peoples love affairs & romances.......
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Website Member

Quote:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Oliphant For This Useful Post:
John Royark JR (10-25-2012), Steve Loftin (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 11:35 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 10,229 Times in 2,667 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
What the...?!

Try this: http://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/sentencetext.htm
James Fischer (10-25-2012), John Royark JR (10-25-2012), Mike Boyer (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 12:17 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,620 Posts
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Dont recall ever seeing this type of roof treatment, but that dont mean it was not done. Also the car was originaly grey or silver. S&S always color coded the landau bars the same as the body.
1985 Eureka Pontiac Chieftain hearse
1995 Superior Chevrolet Chancellor hearse
See all my pro cars past and present in my photo album
The Following User Says Thank You to John Royark JR For This Useful Post:
Dana Bennett (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 7,735 Times in 2,087 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Welllllll, here is the photo I took of Jen Mullins' car at the Daytona meet. Clearly, it's not the same car that's in Dana's photo. The Mullins' car is a '69 S&S, but it doesn't have the same roof treatment, and has standard (not suicide) doors.

So we still don't know about the one in Dana's photo. It might indeed be a 3-way.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve Lichtman For This Useful Post:
Dana Bennett (10-25-2012), Jeremy D. Ledford (10-25-2012), Joseph McDonald (10-25-2012), Kurt Arends (10-26-2012), Steve Loftin (10-25-2012)