More of the Phillips-Robinson Company Red Angels of Mercey!

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
More of the Phillips-Robinson Company Red Angels of Mercy!

As there has been some "scattered" discussion on the Phillips-Robinson Company "Red Angels" of Nashville Tennessee but I thought these photos that have just been shared with me deserved a thread of their own since these are never before seen shots!

Photo #1 is of a 1965 or 66 Superior Cadillac Royale "Red Angel" ambulance with a Model 17 Beacon Ray and Superior bullet lights with the equipment that would had been carried on board by P&R at that time. (Possibly a combination due to absence of crosses on rear sail panels and no ambulance graphics in rear windows that was painted red). The gentlemen in this photo are from L-R are E. Gale Robinson (Big Gale) and Herschell Watson.

Photo #2 will knock your socks off and is purely breath taking! It is a circa 1960 shot of the P&R Funeral Home with the neon catafalque sign out front along with a 1959 Superior Cadillac Royale low top "Red Angel" ambulance and a 1959 Superior Royale limo style combination coach and a late 1950's Chevrolet panel truck with a Beacon Ray as well in the back ground. And as I've said before the building with the exception of the 59's, the gas pump and the neon sign being gone still pretty much looks the same today!

Photos posted by Jeremy D. Ledford and complements of and posted with the permission of the Phillips-Robinson Company of Nashville, Tennessee. Copyrights Retained.

Attachments

• Margaret Marie Zumbro.jpg
    Margaret Marie Zumbro.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 877
  • RobinsonRestoration.jpg
    RobinsonRestoration.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Back