1951 International Service Truck/Flower Truck

Not technically a pro car, but I thought it might be of interest to some on here because of its funeral home service.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3203345653.html

Thought about snapping this one up for a minute, but still not in a place where I'd like to take on another project. Cryptic response from seller suggests interior is in "good shape", that it may or may not come with at least one of the wreaths that were on the side, and that it may already be sold. (Ad is still there, so I'm guessing the vehicle still is too). Supposedly drives around the farm with original drivetrain, but needs brake work.

Definitely a unique funeral vehicle, if indeed that is what it was. I guess maybe you could compare it to a van a funeral home would use these days to move stuff around, but I still think it's cool. You would think if it was used for flowers it might have seen a few funeral processions in its time.

If he drops the price again (was $2500) I might have to make a trip south. Mike Stevens, you're an Internationl guy, aren't you? Dont let Dwayne have all the fun...

There was a set of the wreaths on eBay last week, they surface occasionally. Surprised you didn't pop on this Todd, it would be a fun ride

No matter what, these old panels are cool, getting harder to find, and would be nice to have. Price seems fair. Since there is evidence of the wreaths Im sure it was used at a funeral home as a service car.
As far as the wreaths, thats an easy find, www.hearseparts.com has them new, and 80s and up Eurekas used the same ones in the interior. I have some, but dont want to part with them at this time.

International panel truck

Todd,
This is no doubt a good price on an International. From the pictures it is also a project item. I have a garage full of projects now. No room for another one.
If something new comes to this drive way it will have to be very very rare and priced right or a running presentable driver. Truck, car, or ?
Mike

There's still time I guess, but I have a feeling if I got it now I would be posting an ad like his in a couple years, where I had all kinds of plans for it and it ended up just sitting. Need to focus on a few I have already. Besides, in my hands it would undoubtedly become a hot rod. Here is what it could look like in the hands of someone with deep enough pockets:

4812575321_14d8d0d241_z.jpg

4813204674_879cd9b72d_z.jpg

4813129196_4ef030e963_z.jpg

those old binders were so ugly when new they were will just ugly to the frame. road hard and steered hard. 2 drops of water under the hood would stall them. man they would take some abuse the farmers loved them. used one up every 20 years or so. me I passed when they were new I'll do the same today. the only IHC I had was a scout half cab. way better then a jeep.

Thought about snapping this one up for a minute, but still not in a place where I'd like to take on another project. Cryptic response from seller suggests interior is in "good shape", that it may or may not come with at least one of the wreaths that were on the side, and that it may already be sold.

If you do end up grabbing it, i know ware there is One of these wreaths available here in Ma. The yard only has one tho.

Back