Until spring.

Jerry Jacobson

PCS Member
Well, I put the coach away until spring. I'll miss not being to take it out when I get the whim to do so.

Attachments

• 20171104_120922_resized.jpg
    20171104_120922_resized.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 20171104_120943_resized.jpg
    20171104_120943_resized.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 361
Hate not having space to just put them in were on those warm dry days you can't just get one out and take it down town.

If we have good weather next Saturday, we'll take the '64 to Norwalk and top off the fuel, bring it home and put it away for the winter.

That's some kind of spray foam insulation on the walls Jerry.

I'm on the second floor of a five floor old industrial building. They keep it heated and dry, and don't allow any food to be brought in. All floors are used for storing classic/collectable cars.

Here are two pictures when I put them in storage last year.

Attachments

• Winter storage 003a.jpg
    Winter storage 003a.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Winter storage 002a.jpg
    Winter storage 002a.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 169
Four down and one to go

The 61" Rescuer, Suburban, 54" and Pontiac are all put to bed. Still have to do the Pinner yet.

My curioscity forces me to ask; Do you leave those rides sitting on the tires over winter, or take the weight off the rubber?

Also do you add fuel stabilizer to the tank prior to shutdown?

Too damn cold to take the '64 over for gas, so we put it away as is. To answer your question, we've got very thick rubber mats under the tires. We also use non-ethanol racing gas, so we don't need to use a stabilizer.

everyone has a different Ida on how to leave it sit. mine are all out side. I put 5 gl. of gas in them and sometimes if I remember I all the sea foam. like Russ it just depends on the weather the day I put them away. then on the nice days I might just drive one kind of rotate that around a little. it's been 4 months on the 72 now.

Too damn cold to take the '64 over for gas, so we put it away as is. To answer your question, we've got very thick rubber mats under the tires. We also use non-ethanol racing gas, so we don't need to use a stabilizer.

You might want to rethink you belief that you don't need a gasoline stabilizer. All gasoline deteriorates with age, and it will gum up your carburetor as it sits in the bowl and ages over the winter. If it were me, I would put a stabilizer into the tank, and then let the car idle for 10 minutes until it is throughout the fuel system. The shut the car off, and clamp the rubber hose coming from the tank to prevent fuel being pumped into the carburetor. Then start the car, and run it till it runs out of gas. Allow the engine to cool, and the next day, remove the clamp from the hose. Any gasoline that remains in the carburetor, will not do any harm, since there will be very little left, and that gas will have been treated with a stabilizer.

Paul, that is my approach. Stabilzer, then let it run. As to tires: on the ground but inflated to max psi. Should never say this, but so far, so good.

You never know. Last year, I put the cars away, and did nothing, and they all started and ran well in the spring... or should I say, that they didn't run any worse than when I put them away. Sometimes you get lucky, but not always.

Yep todays gas is awful just got an 08 Crown Vic town that owned it parked it (just drove in to Pubic Works and shut it off). They then let it sit for 11 months and put it up for sale you guessed it it did not run fuel pump inop we have had success beating on the tank with a rubber hammer. This time we did not win so its going to be drop the tank and install a new pump Thank you government for making the gas so great!

Yep todays gas is awful just got an 08 Crown Vic town that owned it parked it (just drove in to Pubic Works and shut it off). They then let it sit for 11 months and put it up for sale you guessed it it did not run fuel pump inop we have had success beating on the tank with a rubber hammer. This time we did not win so its going to be drop the tank and install a new pump Thank you government for making the gas so great!
You can thank the farm lobby for the Ethanol in our gas. The farmers got the law so they can produce a cheap product, corn, and have a guaranteed market to sell it. Ethanol was tried in the 1920's, and it didn't work well then, and it still doesn't work well today. Did Canada swallow the same poison pill and add it to the fuel there?

Learn more at this link.............. and this one also....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE5jbDqAz-M[/ame]

Back