1957 Eureka brakes done

Well just keeping you updated. Just finished my brakes all new hoses, wheel cyl. shoes lines and just had them bled tonite with no power booster. All this done in my driveway while up on stands. So, I will test tomorrow up and down the driveway for starters. I will let you know what happens. 666:applause:

OK, started her up, pedal is firm and I moved it about 10ft back and fourth, great right? But now the car stops but the pedal is mushy and going down til about 2 in from the floor,,,not good,,,mmmmm master is full so no leaks, anyone know why

Did you install a brake boost assist? I had a Cadillac mechanic mistakenly connect my boost assist improperly, and it did the same thing. The error that the mechanic made caused a huge vacuum leak. I am not sure, but I think I called on Paul or Ed for the answer...one of them described the proper hook up to me...it has been about 2 years, so I am not entirely sure anymore what the specific issue was...something about the seal between the master cylinder and the brake boost???? If not, maybe air in the line? (embarrassed that I am revealing my knowledge on the matter) ...sorry I cannot be more specific....Paul, Ed, any ideas?

P.S. I haven't forgotten about you; I am currently vetting a metal caster that can work in brass.

you need to readjust your brakes. that is one this you might have to do a couple of times to get the shoes as close to the drum as you can. that way the wheel cylinders will not require as much fluid to push the shoes out. the adjusting and centering the shoes and readjust is one of those trial and error kind of things that the more you do the more you understand. I always liked to set them up so that the drums would barely slip over them but it hard to do with the set up on the 57. the have to remove the wheel to adjust he brakes is not handy either we need to do that one more time on the 67 .

Back