gurney woes

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
i got this older Washington for Kurt. you may remember he was asking how to fold it. we all had good advice but we were all off the mark. i discovered that some one had twisted the lock bar so that it would not let it drop. a couple of pipe wrenches later I could get it to go down about 3 inches and then it ran out of space to fold.

so looking it over I could not help be wounder why there were steel legs on a aluminum gurney. so I took it apart and sure enough some one had extended the legs about 10 inches. they must have used it in the home to transport from a high table to another high place and did not need to drop it. another case of make what you got work for you instead of buying something else. a concept I agree with. so i took 10 inches back out of the legs and it now after a afternoon of playing around works. I have no idea what they called it but it must be a early multi lever gurney. it goes up to about bed high. I played with it here http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/date/2016-10-01/12:00:47

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpg
    IMG_3852.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3860.jpg
    IMG_3860.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3862.jpg
    IMG_3862.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 191
Once I got the legs off I could figure out how long the legs had to be to set the basket were it went. Now to find a cotton mattress for it and the 53 will be set up. Glad to get the stuff from you.

Back