59 M+M headliner patterns available

Sorry for posting this here, I don't have permission to post in the technical forum. I've sold my 59 and 61 M+M combinations, and will be making a set of patterns of the headliner for the 59, for the 61 buyer, since the 61 came with no headliner. My business is in sewing and pattern making. If anyone needs a set of patterns, probably good for any M+M '59 thru '64? with slight variations, pm me and I'll make you a set. just asking to offset shipping and materials costs.

Last edited:
Any ideas on if that would fit a 58?

Rich my understanding of the process of doing a headliner is that the sides are left long, and it is trimmed to fit the car as it is being installed. If the roof curve and length is the same as a '59, and the same number of bows, the differences would be sorted out in trimming. The 61 has a different door line than the 59, but I suspect the main roof used the same tooling. easy way to check if it would fit your car would be to make a paper mock-up of the headliner and offer it up. fabric stretches, paper doesn't. if it comes close, it is probably right. Seems like it would be worth $20 to try this.
You could come close on a pattern by making one based on the outside roof. the dimensions will be a bit large, but you will get the curve pretty close. mark the lines for the bows, cut out a paper pattern and tape it up, see how it fits. Shrink the final pattern to the correct fit.

Here's a video showing an installation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJU6m1ZkwQg

Back