S&S/Superior logo revisions

I dislike the S&S shield logo.

I think the best S&S logo is the one used on the hubcaps. Circle with S&S through it.

The Superior logo is the same with a funkier S and C in it. OK to me but not what it really should be to me.

Getting rid of the MM and Eureka names is a shame but maybe with the times they should drop the Superior name as well and just go with S&S or viseversa.

One company with 4 former company names was overkill.

Too bad all involved, including Cadillac, coach builders and the times are changing so fast with no clear vision for the future, near and far.

It has happened in the past with MM and Eureka in '64... again in the last 10 years.

It will be eye opening to see what the next 5 years bring.

Darren

can't stop making door wedges so lets get a new logo. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 324
Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic...they have bigger issues than simplified/cartoonish logos...how about what cars will they use if GM quits doing livery-prep cars? Is this even a viable business anymore?

Things in pro-car circles have been up-in-the-air periodically for decades, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'll bet Packard fans were having a fit when Packard and Henney were going down the tubes, but they got over it and switched to Cadillac and other coachbuilders.

I wonder if a big-body Lexus would be viable? Surely a stripped-down Lexus LS would cost less than an Escalade, and would have a more formal/traditional look.

On the limousine front, SUV's have a high step-in height and space-utilization is poor. A big RWD car seems like a good bet.

Purely facetiously, perhaps they should just combine the logos into a rounded-off shield with "S & S & S" on it...Superior & Sayers & Scovill, and just be done with it.

Superior logo looks like a modern version of the old school bus logo.

possibly, but its FAR from being new. Superior has used a version of this intertwined S C logo since at least 1961.
Like everything else, logos change slightly (or dramatically in some cases) throughout the years.

Back