2015 E450 Ford hearse

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
http://www.familycoachsales.com/

With the way the funeral coaches look today... I guess this is kinda cool for future thinking.

Loses all historical dignity but may catch on in some way.

Anyone every seen one or heard of them in use ?

Hey, maybe Greyhound will rent out their buses for big families ! LOL

Darren

Attachments

• MainGraphic.jpg
    MainGraphic.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.familycoachsales.com/

With the way the funeral coaches look today... I guess this is kinda cool for future thinking.

Loses all historical dignity but may catch on in some way.

Anyone every seen one or heard of them in use ?

Hey, maybe Greyhound will rent out their buses for big families ! LOL

Darren

I agree Darren,the word is DIGNITY.....or rather the lack of it.
In my opinion they might as well just load the casket into a pick-up truck..:thumbsdown:

on the other hand

For cities like Toronto ,getting a funeral procession through traffic is almost impossible,and the fact the casket and family could ride in relative comfort may be a plus.believe these types of transport have been around for a while,

Is this old news? the Econoline has been replaced by the Transit. Which driver would knock the top off driving under something low?

Dignity is down the road anyway selfies etc. This I guess has its place in the city. While we are at it why not add a wheelchair lift and a bar handicap accessible and the mourners ride happy. I still say the hearse of tomorrow that still has SOME dignity is a stretched Escalade with bags instead of springs to change the height for the actual service and cemetery unload.

I guess I am too old school. I do not see any DIGNITY in a modified upscale shuttle van with a converted baggage area for the casket. I know that like everything else this too, or something like it will probably be thrust on us as RESPECT and DIGNITY continue to decline. That is my personal position..:thumbsdown:

Don't knock the pickup I had a uncle carried to his final spot in one. But rehashing the same old things. Like electric cars and funeral busses. There was a reason they never caught on in the 1920s. That reason is still true today.

Nothing new about this concept. This idea comes up every so often. No different than the Omnibusses of the past. At least its a little more practical than the Airstream hearses in the 80's. Don't get me wrong, Im not a fan of this, no dignity at all, but remember most people of today are not going to care. More and more people are going to like the idea so they do not have to drive their cookie cutter car. YOu have to keep in mind the younger generations are brought up to think cars are bad, so the more people you can pack in one car the better.

I personally don't like it. You can't go wrong with the classics.
Motoring public would have to be re-educated on visual recognition its a hearse and not a church or sight seeing BUS!

I personally don't like it. You can't go wrong with the classics.
Motoring public would have to be re-educated on visual recognition its a hearse and not a church or sight seeing BUS!

You would be surprised to know how many people do not recognize a traditional hearse either. Ive had many people ask me over the years what my car is, or think its a limo. When you tell them its a hearse Ive even had to explain what a hearse is. Yeah, people are getting that stupid, you cant make this stuff up.

Back