What are the *$# chrome snaps called?

Kent Dorsey

PCS Member / Funeral Director
The small plastic snaps that attach chrome to the body, like off white/beige plastic that are used on S & S datemark attachments, and countless chrome pieces on cars... WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY CALLED, and where would one find some?
Years ago I had some body work done on the '92 Superior, and the body man said he picked up a whole pack of those things because, "one day, you won't be able to find these anymore..." and with age, they become brittle and break. In the last few days, I realized I left the pack of those chrome attachments in the '92 Superior when it was sold... geez.
Okay... what are they and where are they?

I just bought a box of 100 like the ones Kurt pictured. I also got tiny little philips head trim screw to replace the POS clips MM used. I planned on showing a few tricks I remembered to save some other clips and reuse them.
I have a box of various NOS Au Ve Co clips up in the barn..

According to Gordy, my very talented body guy, there's a place in Darlington (SC) that has ALL KINDS of trim pieces, including discontinued stuff. He suggested they probably have side moldings for my limo as well as a '95 Caprice I once had. I'll get the name of the place from him.

That style is available still from aveco. you can get them at most all the parts stores normally they have them in the smaller pack and you will need to order them if you want a larger number. they also have the specialty rivets and nose piece for the pop rivet gun to replace the pegs that are spot welded on. They make an attacment for the stud gun to replace them also. I can get you the numbers for them as I have the boxes here. You will need to match up the one you need as the molding changed wigth just a little from year to year. the center one picture is what the 73 S&S had on it

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1601 picked up these.jpg
    IMG_1601 picked up these.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 97
Back