New California Laws for 2017

I am surprised they did not dump "Lane Splitting" for motorcycles. I ride a sport bike and enjoy doing it in stopped traffic here in the east even though its a no no. It does help move you through jammed traffic I have never gotten a ticket here for doing it. Got stopped once "Cool bike do let me catch you doing that again it will cost you". Sounds as if things are not going to go well for the Texters. I am unable to understand how you can text and drive. However I have ridden with and watched a 25 year old male drive and text with skill and safety and I don't know how he does it he was fully aware of both functions. Still I tightened my seat belt. Had a very nice grandmother (local eatery owner) killed recently when she rear ended a stopped for left turn dump Truck. Police found her cell phone on the floor with a partially completed text.

You notice how they keep trying to move the death rate for infents to a better rato. A bullion dollar indrestry created and still no change in the death rate.

From the Calif. DMV website -

:cool: The new one I like the most:

Year of Manufacture License Plates (SB 1429, Nielsen): This law expands the Year of Manufacture (YOM) license plate program to include vehicles and license plates manufactured through 1980. This law benefits owners of vintage motor vehicles who obtain license plates from the year corresponding to the vehicle’s model-year, and wish to use those vintage plates in lieu of regular license plates. Such plates are commonly found from different sources, including relatives, garage sales, estate sales, etc. The program will include the blue and yellow license plates issued for use on California motor vehicles from 1970 until 1980.

:mad: The new one I like the least:

Environmental License Plate (SB 839, Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review): This law increases the fee for the issuance of Environmental License Plates from $48 to $53, starting July 1, 2017. This law also increases the fee for the renewal, retention, transfer, or duplication of Environmental License Plates (personalized) from $38 to $43, starting January 1, 2017.

Plates

The new one I like the least:

Environmental License Plate (SB 839, Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review): This law increases the fee for the issuance of Environmental License Plates from $48 to $53, starting July 1, 2017. This law also increases the fee for the renewal, retention, transfer, or duplication of Environmental License Plates (personalized) from $38 to $43, starting January 1, 2017.

Someone has to pay for that train to nowhere.:3_7_11v:

From the Calif. DMV website -

:cool: The new one I like the most:

Year of Manufacture License Plates (SB 1429, Nielsen): This law expands the Year of Manufacture (YOM) license plate program to include vehicles and license plates manufactured through 1980. This law benefits owners of vintage motor vehicles who obtain license plates from the year corresponding to the vehicle’s model-year, and wish to use those vintage plates in lieu of regular license plates. Such plates are commonly found from different sources, including relatives, garage sales, estate sales, etc. The program will include the blue and yellow license plates issued for use on California motor vehicles from 1970 until 1980.

In Michigan we pay 35.00 for year of mfg plates with no expiration date

No use of electronic devices while driving in BC

Hands free cell use is allowed however no holding the phone at any point while you are driving or stopped at a light or in traffic and no texting, We've had this law for a few years now.

As a paramedic I have seen the result of distracted driving...especially texting. Serious injury and death. There is absolutely no reason to text when you're driving. Pull over, stop and do what you need to do on the cell phone...then get back to paying attention to driving.

In BC when there's a serious MVI, one of the first things the police do now is seize the person's phone as potential evidence.

Your one of the lucky ones then David !!..LOL...:thumbsup:;)

I guess I shouldnt say much,since we have hardly any water at all.....LOL
But this year has been much more wet then then previous years.....so if they dont sell it all to Nestles we will be okay...:D

Back