'70 Pontiac Superior Ambulance trim removal

Since we're kind've on the Chrome Trim Removal Topic, I've kind've got a question of my own.

I'm currently being held up from preping the Hi-Top Roof of my '70 Pontiac Superior Ambulance. Due to the Small "Cross" Emblems on each side.

I have most of the Headliner loose so I can Access these Trim Pieces and Emblems however this Emblem is located right above the Rear Service Door and it seems that there is some sort of Metal Strip inside the Headliner thats Keeping it Flush to the Door Opening (No Staples)

And that is whats keeping me from removing the "Cross" Emblem I can "Reach the Mounting Bolts on the Back of the Emblem but there is no way I could "Fish" a Tool up there to remove or loosen them without Tearing or ripping the Headliner.

So I'm curious if any of you out there know of some sort of metal Strip or something simular to that, that would be securing the Headliner above the Door Opening, and how to Loosen or Remove it so I could Access the Bolts to Remove them.

Its got me Stumped, as I've spent some time trying to figure out how to get around this Obstacle but continue to draw Blanks.

Thanks in advance.
-Ryan

most of the head liners were stapled to a cardboard strip. referred to as a tack strip. some how ever were glued. most likely what your looking at is a cover strip. it would have been place to cover over the staples or screws of a finish piece. go to one end and see if you can pry it out of were is is. as there are a number of ways to finish off the door opening, all I'm doing is guessing. but the head liner is attatched to the rear in a maner that will allow it to be streached and hold. then that is covered up with a trim piece. so all you see of the mess is the trim. some have a wind lacing that goes on under the headliner some a push on vinale that covers the pinch weld and the end of the headliner. so a finish strip the covers the edge? if you can't see how they fastened it to the tack strip then your looking at a cover strip that lifts out. that would be my guess. ;)

Back