'76 Superior Cadillac Ambulance Tunnel Lights

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I am trying to buy some parts from a salvage yard in Iowa that has a '76 Superior Cadillac 54" ambulance which I have not laid eyes on for around 20 years. This is one of those yards where the owner does not allow any customers into the yard. I need to explain to him how to take off the ditch lights, but I have never had a close-up look at these things before. Can anyone give me a quick and easy explanation of how they come off so I can properly coach him? He was of the impression that the ditch light housings were molded as part of the roof.

on a superior they are screwed on from the out side. remove the trim ring the bulb comes with it and the housing is held on by 3 screws. that is of course if your talking about the side lights not the ones front and rear.

Thanks Ed! Much appreciated. This one has one ditch light on each side. I will be speaking with him again tomorrow morning. It is very frustrating not being able to just go into the yard and look at it. When I saw the car around 20 years ago, it was sitting in front of his office. It has been moved since then. In 1992, I didn't get too worked up over anything that was built in 1976! It still doesn't seem very old to me!

Alot of times its insurance reasons that do not allow non employees into yards, but its too bad he will not let you go in if he is by your side. Never know, once you actually saw the car he may be able to sell more stuff off it.

Any idea where the car came from, or where it served originally?

Steve,

I stopped and was finally able to take a look at this car. It is actually a '74 Superior 54XL. Very complete car and I will post initial photos this weekend. He had no idea as to where it was in service. He is going to get it pulled out so I can check it out more closely. I will be stopping back during the week following Thanksgiving. He is willing to sell the car complete or will sell parts.

Back