"JFK" ambulance price forecast

So much for integrity of barrett-jackson...

Steve Davis language and body language at that news conference showed that he doesn't care about anything but MONEY. He will go ahead and hope to sucker somebody the truth be damned. NEVER would I buy or sell a car through these guys.

video-taper

Can we assign a PCS Club Member to video-tape the televised B-J Auction of (IT) later today? I vote for Richard Vyse... all in favor say AYE! MM

Mike, you don't videotape anything anymore, you DVR it!

I think it will sell for around $60K, just a guess. I'm sure the serious potential-bidders have been scared off by the opposing evidence. Someone may buy it on the chance it might be, or someone may buy it just because of this week's controversy. Still far more than a look-alike is worth.

What's a videotape? :)

Someone may buy it on the chance it might be
I thought of that too, but are there really enough people willing to take a gamble like that? Given the odds (and as much supporting documentation that the car is not real), I think you're more likely to win the Mega Millions lottery, and $60K buys a whole lot of tickets!

Someone may buy it just because of this week's controversy.

Is there any real value in that though? If so, have I got a controversy about an Abbott & Hast Ford I'd like to share with everyone!!! :angel:

Be Easy

I think it will sell for around $60K, just a guess. I'm sure the serious potential-bidders have been scared off by the opposing evidence. Someone may buy it on the chance it might be, or someone may buy it just because of this week's controversy. Still far more than a look-alike is worth.

Steve: Be easy on me.... I'm just an "out off touch" 1947 model.... "DVR" huh?.... what wiill they think of next! Even though it's CA... we only have just recently got our 3rd Stoplight and 2nd Gas Station (here in Valley Center) where our Yard and Office is! MM

Steve: Be easy on me.... I'm just an "out off touch" 1947 model.... "DVR" huh?.... what wiill they think of next! Even though it's CA... we only have just recently got our 3rd Stoplight and 2nd Gas Station (here in Valley Center) where our Yard and Office is! MM

you got two gas stations!!!! one you don't have to pump your self? whats a stop light?

Please do tell!

Is there any real value in that though? If so, have I got a controversy about an Abbott & Hast Ford I'd like to share with everyone!!! :angel:[/QUOTE]

Brady

The way Steve acted and how he said things at that press conference discusted me ! The way Craig spoke, backing Steve up, shows what a jerk he is too !

No respect for either of these guys or BJ any longer.

As I mentioned in other posts... they are in it for the money, not the collector car hobby !

What pissed me off the most is the way they called the data plate number matching as evidence and the actual facts and proof the PCS provided was STUFF !

Really great we provided this info to people planning on bidding !
Hopefully they see the light !

Darren

Wow, I didn't think a party would ensue, but hey that's great!! We could always have an auction party in the parking lot of the Ohio Meet.:burp: All kidding aside, Barrett Jackson is going to push this car, and get the most money they can. The question is what impact will it have on our hobby?

Wow, I didn't think a party would ensue, but hey that's great!! We could always have an auction party in the parking lot of the Ohio Meet.:burp: All kidding aside, Barrett Jackson is going to push this car, and get the most money they can. The question is what impact will it have on our hobby?

I would hope the buyer would due a bit of checking after the pruchase then pursue legal action when it's discovered it has been misrepresented. The nerve of BJ standing up there as smug as they were. All they care about is the sale and their commission/ :gun1: BJ has had issues in the past.

Is there any real value in that though? If so, have I got a controversy about an Abbott & Hast Ford I'd like to share with everyone!!! :angel:
Please do tell!
Tim, you didn't know??? There's some controversy over whether my car is a 1969 Ford or a top secret government vehicle.

Truth is, the car was the 1947 government experimental recovery vehicle that the alien bodies were transported from Roswell, NM to the White House, so President Truman could personally inspect the bodies. Upon arrival, it was discovered that the aliens were in fact still alive, so Truman drove them around Washington DC to see the historic landmarks.

Shortly after, and so the government wouldn't look like they were involved in any automotive research and design, they hid the car at Area 51. In 1968, the US military delivered it to Henry Ford the second (the then CEO of FoMoCo) and said, "make a station wagon to look just like this." So it's really a 1947 car, but the matching number VIN plates and chassis stamps all say 1969.

A year later in 1969, Ford took the car to Abbott & Hast to have the car converted into a funeral coach. The idea was that if it's sitting in the basement of a funeral home, people may not find it as easily, since rumor of the "alien wagon" started to surface. Coincidently, President Eisenhower died the same year the car was converted, and given its Presidential history, it was decided by NASA that the coach should be used prior to the funeral to move the body to the mortuary.

After this, the history is pretty straight forward. The car was used at the funeral home in California, until just a few years ago, right before I acquired it.

Thankfully, I have every bit of documentation to prove this. If you'd like a copy, just give me enough time to install Photoshop and hook up my printer.

P.S. Yes, my car is currently for sale. Given it's history, the asking price is a very reasonable $2M.

I have a picture of the 1963 Pontiac Navy Ambulance in my sun porch. The picture as it appeared on Nov. 22, 63, there was no siren on the fender and the single driver side spot was clear. If I won the big lottery I would buy it anyway. It's a double and that is good enough for me.

I remember being 4 years old and watching on TV when my mother told me the fallen President was being loaded in a Navy ambulance because the president was in the Navy. If he was in the army like the previous President he would have been taken to nearby Walter Reed Hospital rather than Bethesida Naval Hospital for autopsy. The Joseph Gawler Funeral Home in Washington, DC was intrusted with arrangements and chosen by the Kennedy family. In fact a one R. Sargent Shriver Kennedy brother-in-law was in charge of making the arrangements. Shriver 's Mass of Christian burial was this very day as he retuned to God. He was 95 years old.

Joe Van Volkenburg, Trillium and Michigan Chapter member:smileflag:

Back