'60 Superior Royale Landaulet combo (Caracas)

http://www.roloeganga.com.ve/caracas_distrito_capital/camionetas/Cadillac_567587.htm

0662759241.jpg

0611231622.jpg

Second Superior that has attendants seats in this position I've seen. (Other being a '58 which had matching forward facing rearward seats, floor cut straight across, original upholstery, and never had provisions for partition catches like one had been moved later.) However, rear sail panel design appears to have been redone so maybe a seat has been relocated.

0697060805.jpg

the cheap limo trick. cut the floor across pull the divider and tool box walls. then put the rear facing attendants seat on the left. instant limo

In the Superior line, what makes it a Royale??

Wrap-around D pillar windows, 1959-70. The Sovereign series, offered as an option between 1961-70, gave a customer the choice of a solid D pillar instead. Starting with the 1971 model year, only the Sovereign series was available.

Almost. There was one '60 Sovereign made as a precursor to being offered in '61. It survives in nice condition and was for sale on Detroit CL between 2-2 1/2 years ago for around $12k. Paul Newman almost bought it. Neither of us has located pics yet to show you.

Almost. There was one '60 Sovereign made as a precursor to being offered in '61. It survives in nice condition and was for sale on Detroit CL between 2-2 1/2 years ago for around $12k. Paul Newman almost bought it. Neither of us has located pics yet to show you.

I also don't have any pix in my archives of it, but those that have the Superior book, its on page 251.

My point was that corner windows have nothing to do with it in '59 and '60.. All available Superior-Cadillac models during those years were named Royale.

The answer to Mike's question is - The vertical C-pillar and interior trim level make it a Royale, differing from the Crown Royale models that have the slanted C-pillar and Crown trim inside and out. Both have corner windows, so therefore not a distinction.

Last edited:
Back