This should keep y'all busy....

100 posts to this thread and almost 4000 views.... weeeedawgies...
5.gif
10.gif
21.gif
11.gif

A few more Demers coaches. I don't know much about them, but I've always been fascinated.

Attachments

• 1107-2.gif.jpg
    1107-2.gif.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 372
  • 1107-3.gif.jpg
    1107-3.gif.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 1107-7.gif.jpg
    1107-7.gif.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 360
A few more Mopars.....since Adam posted some Demers.
I think this was a 67 or 68 National that was on ebay way back in 1998, yanno when 320 x 240 imagery was state of the art.
ke9iz7.jpg

75 Town and Country Paul Renaud conversion CA W McCall Collection
34g3cd0.jpg

76 Armbruster wagon stretch with some added "bling"
dll0xx.jpg

This last one I just happen to like....a company in N Georgia did a few of these around 1975
1zovvjl.jpg

A few from the R White collection....

48 Weller Chrysler
2dty5i8.jpg

48 Dodge...in front of the shop ( this is a favorite)
20mcr9.jpg

52 Dodge....Weller again
zswx3q.jpg

66 Pinner Chrysler
1znrkgj.jpg

And a BIG thanks for Dr White scanning these a few years ago!

1950' cadillac

That last cadillac ambulance sorta look's like a short version of that meteor cadillac built in 1937 and then refited in 1952 for the detroit fire deptment as a gift from paxton medelssohn .

Buicks....before dinner.....
The 60 CB Buick Steve referred too from his collection I believe...
311kp6x.jpg

A 57 Weller from Dr Whites collection
11ionra.jpg

The ex Hedges, Hennessey and Nix 65 National
2nv4007.jpg

The "pank" (yes pink was the original color, desert rose or whatever it was called) 62 Flxible under Nix ownership. Lange Bros collection
fbampg.jpg

Time for mexican food......

Thanks Cary,
I worked for a funeral home in the early 50's and we operated a Eurekka just like the one pictured.
Bill Head

FWIW, I have been passing this thread along to Joe Weller, whose father and uncle were the Weller Brothers. I had the pleasure of working with Joe in my early days at the airport and, believe it or not, only recently found out about his "pro-car connection"!

I have asked him if he has any photos of his dad's work and he assures me that he does. He just doesn't know where they are right now but he stated that he will look for them. He did tell me that he does have a couple of photos that he is going to scan and send to me to share with the board. I have invited him to join the PCS, but haven't heard if he will or not.

And finally, he states that he has really enjoyed viewing his father's work and that these photos bring back great memories. He did say, however, that he thought the red Chrysler with AFD on the back (reply #92, page 10) was not a Weller product.

So, I guess we can all hold on to our seats as we await more shots of Weller Brothers pro-cars!

Another Weller....this one deserves a post of it's own....it's awe inspiring.
1956 Ford...from the Dr White Collection
or1mc8.jpg

Can you say "amp draw"?
2eqgw2x.jpg

Note the duals and sparse interior....
35cltg9.jpg

6.gif
Dr White for these.

This Weller Ford was operated by the Coulter Funeral Home in Chattanooga Tennessee which is now closed. Rumor has it that this car is in storage some where in the Chattanooga area but I've never been able find out where though.

Here's a later picture of that '57 Weller Buick.

2734857540101978915S600x600Q85.jpg

And a '56 Weller Buick.

2965354830101978915S600x600Q85.jpg

Pettus Owen & Wood Funeral Home in latter years was a part of the Loewn Group and then the Alderwoods Group. When SCI accuired Alderwoods in about 2007 they had to close a number of locations and POW was one that closed in Nashville. The area had became a very bad part of town and the calls at POW had fell off over the last few years of opertation, amongst other reasons as well. I was also was given a POW name plate after the firm was shut down. On another historical note our funeral homes in Lebanon and here in Watertown (we are aprox 35 miles from Nashville) shared the same 2-way radio fequency/repeater for a number of years with POW back during the ambulance days.

When I was a kid my dad had a 69 Ambassador and I thought it was the coolist thing in the world and always have wanted one ever since. Finding one in a limo would be the best!!

FWIW, I have been passing this thread along to Joe Weller, whose father and uncle were the Weller Brothers.

And finally, he states that he has really enjoyed viewing his father's work and that these photos bring back great memories.

So, I guess we can all hold on to our seats as we await more shots of Weller Brothers pro-cars!

Can I assume Joe knows this is on it's way? I just found out about it today and am pretty excited.

Weller Brothers of Memphis Book @ www.motorbooks.com

181108.jpg

Back