Packard procar pics

The police badges are also on the right side of their chest when the hand written words are clear.....do any police departments wear their badges on the right side?

67055_10151491128518221_65785257_n.jpg

Interesting, do you have any info on that?

1928-29 A.J. Miller Packard ambulance, Brick Township First Aid Squad (Brick, NJ)

The writing must have been on the negative. The word PACKARD on the door sill is correct when the handwriting is backwards. Also, the window switch on the closed front door only has one switch, making it a passenger door, not the drivers door. So, while the handwriting is backwards, the photo is correct.

on the old wax rollers the photo would be put on reversed. that way you could see the writing for the work copy it just interesting what you can read if you flip it. each one is marked when it was developed so that the information was not lost. type setters did everything in reverse. but in this case if you could read the writing you had the photo orientated correctly for printing

This is a photo that I grabbed from online somewhere. Also a Chicago unit. Since so few of these were made, I wonder if it is the same unit earlier in its career.

Attachments

• CivilDefenseAmbulance2.jpg
    CivilDefenseAmbulance2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 603
Adam...thanks for posting these. The chassis for these (the hearse for sure) all appear to be 1935 Packard Eights. In 1935, the Packard Eight was considered a part of the Senoir Series - one step up from the popular, mid-priced One-Twenty Series.

Youngstown, OH
1948 Henney/Packard ambulance

I have to admit that, until I ran across this shot today, I had forgotten about the "hurry up" term for emergency calls.

Funeral home secretary to ambulance crew, after hanging up phone, and handing us the address or location on a piece of paper: "Got a 'hurry up' for you..."

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Youngstown OH 1948 HP.jpg
    Youngstown OH 1948 HP.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 376
  • Yuongstown 2.jpg
    Yuongstown 2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 371
Youngstown, OH
1948 Henney/Packard ambulance

I have to admit that, until I ran across this shot today, I had forgotten about the "hurry up" term for emergency calls.

Funeral home secretary to ambulance crew, after hanging up phone, and handing us the address or location on a piece of paper: "Got a 'hurry up' for you..."

(SL collection)

I'll bet all that light and sound was quite a "light dimmer" with a 6 volt system. I remember years ago seeing the Packard Fleet of Ambulances pull off the ramp at our Local Falbrook VFD when our now 1954 H-P was the newest of (2) other Packards. They would "pre-wind" up the Q's and B&M's before pulling out, not to "starve" the ignition. Later, they ran 8 volt batteries to help solve the problem. MM

Copied this picture on a visit to the Hanover Fire Museum in Hanover, PA.

It's a 1924 Hopkins Packard ambulance from Hanover Fire Co. No. 1.

Attachments

• 24HopkinsPackardHanoverNo1PA2s.jpg
    24HopkinsPackardHanoverNo1PA2s.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,113
Period shots transferred from color slides of a '53 Henney Senior when still in service. White over copper matching '54 Superior posted leads one to believe same firm owned both. CA plate BEX79424.

8355365999_b69b69731d_b.jpg

8356427824_22f3067f87_b.jpg

Henny's

Has anyone seen the Henny and Henny Jr. ambulances at the Packard Musem in Dayton? They are neat. Someone put a nurse maniquin in one.

Back