I guess I'll keep her...

I can think of a million and one reasons why I already have the greatest wife in the world. Everything from being outright goofy (those of you who have met her know she's kind of a nut), to doing yard work when I don't want to, to being excited to go to car shows with me, just because I like to. Sure I do my part also, but yesterday I was given one more reason, number one million and two, that I thought I'd share.

A package came to the house addressed to Jen, so I didn't open it, although I was curious. When she saw it, she got really excited and told me it was my Hanukkah present. Well, what's a few weeks away, so I stuck it in the closet and said I'll open it then. Not being one to keep surprises very well at all, she absolutely insisted I opened it, or she would. "Okay, yes ma'am," and these are the pictures...

Apparently she had gone through all my pro car books and made note of the ones I had, and then went to eBay and found all the ones I didn't. She successfully bid on these four, and now I'm a year behind in my education!

And while I'm on the subject, short and funny story (reasons one million, and one million and one). We're lying in bed watching mindless tv to fall asleep to, and I stop on the Mecum auctions. It happened to be the vintage motorcycle auction, so we watched it for a few minutes. My question - "What do think DOHC means?" Without hesitating, her reply - "dual overhead cam." My next question (looking at an early Indian) - "What do you think that is?" Her reply - "I'm not sure. But, it looks American from the style of the fenders and the sidecar." After this, I quit asking questions.

So yes, I guess I'll keep her...

:D

PS She got all four for less than $100 after shipping too!

Attachments

• DSC01527.jpg
    DSC01527.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC01528.jpg
    DSC01528.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 264
Adam;

I'm certainly with you: The Mrs. and I will celebrate 32 legal years this coming Feb.
I was a Tow Driver who kept getting her "rescue" calls and after a while I figured I'd better get the idea she was a keeper and has been.

We're now enjoying her recent retirement while trying to keep our sanity...

Yep, I think I'll keep mine too! Especially after 31 years of her taking good care of me and putting up with me and encouraging me and I could go on and on, but you get the point.

wow there is no question, got to keep a careing person like that, what is the weller book like, i seen it and been so near to hitting the button a few times, but being from the uk i dont know much about this company,

what is the weller book like, i seen it and been so near to hitting the button a few times, but being from the uk i dont know much about this company,

I love it. It's actually my second favorite professional car book, next to the black book. A lot of that reason though is due to the fact that I like learning about the lesser known and obscure coachbuilders. It was only $9.98 USD plus shipping, so a real bargain I thought. And if you don't have it yet, the Henney book is fantastic also.

Adam, having met Jen a few times, I compleatly agree. She is a great lady, and you 2 are definently a perfect match. Shes a keeper for sure. You 2 are a blast to hang out with.

Josh

Adam, I know just how you feel. Christie did that for me a few years ago. She got the Flxible, Eureka, and also found the black book, yes, "the bible" of pro cars. I am still greatful to her for this.

Its hard to find a woman that will put up with guys like us. Those that got them, you better be thankful, and do whatever it takes to hold on to them. I only know of one other guy that has a woman as good as Adam's, and he knows it and says sometimes he feels guilty because she puts up with so much, and does so much for him, and sometimes he feels like he doesn't do enough for her. Like Adam and Jen, these 2 are definently a perfect match as well.

Josh

I had the pleasure of meeting Adam, Jen and Adam's parents last summer.
I have to agree, all 4 were amazing people !

I still remember Adam's mom finding a handful of 4 leaf clovers along the building I keep 3 of my hearses in.

I hope I get to see them all again soon !

Darren

P.S. Adam... I now have the big barn too !!! It will be OUTSTANDING when I finish renovating it. So far I have 4 cars in it. 63 Corvette, 64 Falcon, 67 Falcon and 90 Mustang.

Its hard to find a woman that will put up with guys like us. Those that got them, you better be thankful, and do whatever it takes to hold on to them. I only know of one other guy that has a woman as good as Adam's, and he knows it and says sometimes he feels guilty because she puts up with so much, and does so much for him, and sometimes he feels like he doesn't do enough for her. Like Adam and Jen, these 2 are definently a perfect match as well.

Josh

I know what you mean. I am one of the lucky ones, I met Christie through her dad at a PCS meet (he was trying to get an Iowa Chapter started), so she already knew what she was getting into. Now she wants a Packard hearse or limo, she drools over them every time one is near!

Back