if only

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we cleaned up a piece of the flooring that was original to this 58 Eureka. man I would have loved to have seen this flooring when it was in good shape.

Attachments

• IMG_0594a.jpg
    IMG_0594a.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 340
I came across a big roll of that in a Habitat For Humanity thrift store a year or so ago, but it was a little darker. They also had a big roll in a medium/light green. I assume that it is still available in this slightly darker red.

the linoleum in any color is getting hard to find. but what use to be standard kitchen colors in the 50s is all most impassible. remember a lot of table tops with this stuff on it.

That's awesome, Ed. Years ago I was able to obtain a catalog of Eureka fabric samples that was available at the time. Only small patches, but it did the job.

this car is a study in mid western farmer mentality. they were as conservative a builder as you could find. the wast not want not shows as you get in to it. it's built will but you can see were things have been spliced just to keep from having to scrap a larger piece and cut another one. the Zippers in the headliner were OD Green. but the one that amused me the most was they used the scrapes from the interior for padding between the bows and the roof. so when we pulled the headline we have about a yard log strip of material . they had some sharp colors in there cars. that light tan with the gold metallic zig-zags must have really been wow.

Attachments

• IMG_4467a.jpg
    IMG_4467a.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4511a.jpg
    IMG_4511a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 162
Back