Article on my coach

John Royark JR

PCS Member
A couple months ago I was looking through 1985 Pontiac Parisienne images (I wanted to add on my info board for car shows a picture of what my 85 Eureka started life like), anyway I came across a photo of my coach. I clicked on the link and to my surprise someone wrote an article about it. Of course a couple things are not totally accurate, but a pretty good article from someone that don't know much about professional cars, and none of the stupid comments that usually appear when hearses are wrote about.
Sorry I forgot to post it sooner, I just found it again.

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog...sienne-chieftain-by-eureka-good-night-hearse/

Congratulations John! I know myself the thrill of finding your own car the subject of an article without knowing about it.

This was my favorite line of the article, "Someone in the Iowa City area has a real fondness for old hearses–a month earlier he had a whale Caprice hearse, in silver."

I can relate to that too. I have a local repair garage that I've come to trust and that doesn't balk at working on an old car, so all my cars go over to them when they need something that I don't feel like messing with myself. They have told me numerous times that when one of my cars is sitting on the lot, they have people stopping in just to ask about it. They've also said that a very common question they get is, "Is that owned by that guy over on (name of street I live on)?", "Yup, same guy"

it was a nice write up but still goes to show how much education still needs to get out there. so when did Pontiac stop building a commercial chassis. answer they have not stopped. in order to stop you need to start. he had the big names right but failed to get the manufactures of this one. it would have been a lot better had he looked you up and asked a few questions. but for the typical car magazine type story it was good.

Very interesting read. And read the comments below the article...if you think we argue on here sometimes look at how those people go at it and get downright mean! We are quite civil compared to how some of those people were flaming others on the comments section. :argueing:

it was a nice write up but still goes to show how much education still needs to get out there. so when did Pontiac stop building a commercial chassis. answer they have not stopped. in order to stop you need to start. he had the big names right but failed to get the manufactures of this one. it would have been a lot better had he looked you up and asked a few questions. but for the typical car magazine type story it was good.

Yup, some of the inaccurate info I mentioned. Still I was pleased that there were no Ghost busters comments, or worse, since the article started out saying its Halloween.
Also, as you said, he could have came and talked to me, Im sure I was not far away, very seldom do my cars leave my site at shows.
Im taking it to the same show this evening, so maybe I will see him.

Back