Hearse I used in today's service

In thirty years I'll be saying how much I really ilke it and how much the 2043 model is not like they used to make'm back in '14. Right now I thinking that I'd still love having one in the fleet but at the same time I'm asking myself is that a "conehead" or a "mowhawk" roofline.

Shows the regular rear door hinges too. :thumbsup:

Still, not much you can do with the current Cadillac. :rolleyes:

Guess I sort of took this as a challenge :D

I should have stretched it more, but I do think they could still design attractive coaches. I think they don't because it's more expensive to add commercial glass and other materials they cheap out on. I think they also make the mistake of ignoring tradition in their designs in favor of something "new".

Anyways, let me know what you think. I won't mind any criticism.

I I think they don't because it's more expensive to add commercial glass and other materials they cheap out on.

Its not a matter of being too cheap to use commercial glass, Cadillac will NOT ALLOW the coachbuilders to modify the existing A pillars. Also, Cadillac will not allow them to modify the rear strut mount placement, so they have to work with what they have to begin with.

Bty, love your drawing talent.

I I think they don't because it's more expensive to add commercial glass and other materials they cheap out on.

Its not a matter of being too cheap to use commercial glass, Cadillac will NOT ALLOW the coachbuilders to modify the existing A pillars. Also, Cadillac will not allow them to modify the rear strut mount placement, so they have to work with what they have to begin with.

Bty, love your drawing talent.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that. What is there reasoning? I think I'll see what I can come up with with those restrictions...

commmercial glass

ntsb. café fuel requirements maybe. or maybe something happens to the geometry of the drivetrain. airbag deployment? who knows. after all the years of caddys being made in to pro cars I wouldn't think mistrust of the proff. car manufacturers would be a reason. id say something affects the vehicle geometry. and does the new cars from the side look bowed?

ntsb. café fuel requirements maybe. or maybe something happens to the geometry of the drivetrain. airbag deployment? who knows. after all the years of caddys being made in to pro cars I wouldn't think mistrust of the proff. car manufacturers would be a reason. id say something affects the vehicle geometry. and does the new cars from the side look bowed?

Not sure what you mean by the question, does the new cars from the side looked bowed?

Airbag deployment, especially passenger side uses the windshield to push against. Changing the angle of the windshield could affect effectiveness. Also if there are side impact bags in the A posts that would be another consideration.

As I understand it the air bags are now located in the windshield pillers along with others in normal locations mess with them you are courting a problem with the Feds. As far as strut angle etc. goes I think that is a GM issue for Warranty . GMs position on mods is fine do as you wish and we will just void the entire Warranty. Remember on the Duramax Diesel you can change the chip and turn your 2500 truck into a dragster and if GM finds out good bye Warranty and they can when you go for service even if you put it back to stock for a visit. Coach builders are not interested in being the Warranty suppliers for the whole vehicle or having Black Crown Vics pull up in the parking lot.

Even after Superior moved to their new location in the Lima Industrial Park and became Accubuilt, they had their own seamstresses in house to make draperies and interiors. Now, they are all gone. ZERO parts manufacture is done there, only assembly. They got rid of their famous old Lake Erie hydraulic press and even their laser cutter. Things will never be the same.

Attachments

• Erie_Press_001.jpg
    Erie_Press_001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 270
I just received confirmation from Joe Bunn that the reason Cadillac will not allow the modification of the A pillars IS because of the air bags, as others have speculated. He also said what I heard was true about Cadillac not letting them change the rear strut position, but did not give any reason.

Back