Ohio meet @ Mansfield Reformatory!

I have made arrangements for a Funeral Home tour at the Wappner funeral home in Ontario on Saturday. Bill Wappner has agreed to show us their Horse Drawn hearse that they have on display and give us a tour of their funeral home.

the only thing is that it has to be on Saturday morning ( 11am ) as Bill has prior arrangements in the afternoon.

so if anyone is interested let me know I'm staying at the Travelodge on Hanley Rd

We were not planning on leaving till noon but maybe we can leave earlier to take that in too.

I have to do some entertaining for the Toronto Blue Jays Saturday now so I will be getting in later Saturday evening.

I was hopping to get there in the afternoon but I can't leave Toronto until the Blue Jays start playing at 1pm.

The good thing is I will still be there Saturday night, all day Sunday and leave Monday.

See ya all soon,
Darren

How about Olive Garden Saturday evening?

There is a nice Olive Garden near the big mall in Mansfield. We met there for a planning meeting for the Hudson PCS and it was very nice. Perhaps we could all meet there around 6 PM and beat the Saturday evening crowd? Whaddya think?

Speaking with Rebecca this week she has also offered us to take our tour at 10am, an hour before the gates open to the public. When we gather the morning of the meet we can decide then, and also talk about it saturday night @ the host motel.

In general the private tours take us through the prison in a more random form, touching on all areas and not focusing on one portion like the normal tours. Musts to see in my opinion are the warden's quarters, towers, east & west cellblocks, central guard station, and solitary confinement. Rebecca is happy to do our tours at the time of our choosing.

She has also reached out to alot of local and regional media... so don't be surprised to see reporters and camera crews amongst our cars!

See you there :thumbsup:

Ready!!

Car is all clean and packed--pulling out of here at 6am to meet the Teague's in Hubbard, OH at 7am. Hoping to be there in time to do the funeral home tour. And yes, Olive Garden Saturday night sounds awesome! See ya all soon!

we have been here since yesterday ....Travelodge is just up from BoB Evans

no rain so far its just misty right now walmart is across the road. drove up to Reformatory yesterday....OMG ! what a place

we are going to the Wappner Funeral Home in Ontario the address is 100 South Lexington Springmill Rd. its about 15 minutes from the Travleodge.

when your in the Travelodge parking lot, you turn right go UP the hill along Hanley Rd ....along Hanly Rd to the end turn right onto South Lexington Springmill and follow that right up. The address is 100

Here's of a photo of our group chatting and sharing photos after dining together at Olive Garden. Having a great time! This morning, the Reformatory!

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 185
Great Job Dwayne

Just got back, had a great day with PCS Friends. The Reformatory crew loved the cars and want us back again. Tons of visitors checked out our cars and all seemed very positive about them. I figured about 17 or 18 cars, I am sure someone has an exact count and pics will be coming.Dwayne did a great job setting this whole thing up.:applause:

great job Dwayne

Dwayne,
Thaks for all you did on the Mansfield Tour. This was one of the best Chapter meets ever. Today should be counted as a success!
Mike

Excellent work Dwayne, well done Sir!!!!

Barb and I got home awhile ago. What a great meet this was!! We didn't get there until noon, but the time we had there was awesome!! Great turnout of cars, lots of visitors looking at them, asking questions, and taking pictures....lots and lots of pictures!! Young folks looking "amazed" and old folks with that look in their eyes of "rekindled memories" of times gone by.

Got to put more faces to the names that we see on here all the time, and make new friends. Always a pleasure to do that. Got to revisit with some of our now "old friends" and that is always great!!! If I started naming names, I'd forget some and that wouldn't be right!!

The weather was beautiful, sunshine, gentle breeze, lots of beautiful shade trees. The prison grounds are beautiful, the buildings well kept, and very attractive from the outside. Maybe on the inside (if you're a guest of the system), not so much.

Thanks go out to Dwayne for a helluva job, well done. To all our "old friends", good to see you again, to all our "new friends" we're looking forward to the next time.

I echo the sentiments of everyone who posted so far. Was a wonderful time reconnecting with PCS friends. I even reconnected with old friend Alan Vondriska who once owned a 1970 Superior ambulance. He told me that PCS Past President John Hadley passed away in April.

Here is a link to all the photos I shot in Mansfield:

http://postimg.org/gallery/2z2gmdkw/

Awesome

Just got home about an hour ago--car ran super. Had a fantastic time this weekend, it was really cool. So good to see everyone after winter and show off our cars. The Reformatory is so immense, you just can't believe how big it is. The staff were all super, and very happy to have us--like someone else said, they want to make it a yearly thing. Anyway, a BIG :thumbsup: to Dwayne for doing all the hard work to make this happen, :thankyou2: Here are some pictures, in no particular order:

Attachments

• 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 157
More pictures.....

Horse drawn hearse at Wappner funeral home in Ontario. Shots from Kingswood gardens:

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 158
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg