Ohio meet @ Mansfield Reformatory!

Sorry folks, but I have to many memories of responding on EMS runs to OSR when it was in use. Responded on everything from hangings, stabbings, to sexual assaults. We went in the "range" (cellblocks) many times. The guards made the "good behavior" prisoners carry our equipment up and down the stairs. They even had to carry the cot with the patient, and if any one acted up, it was into solitary. Never had one problem, and ALL of the inmates treated us with the utmost respect. :cool:

Last edited:
I have turned down a job offer for June 9th already.

I hope I don't get a real big job offer that week-end... I wanna be in Mansfield !

Darren

Ron, and the Upstate Chapter thought that it was the soul owner of that record (2 at a chapter meet) but we can't think of a nicer chapter to share it with.

Yes, we tied you last year when we returned to Hudson for the Akron Aeros Meet. Cars on the show field was a certain 1982 Superior Cadillac Sovereign Combination and a certain 1966 Superior Pontiac Combination Both in white, any guesses who attended?

what Motel is everyone from out of town staying at ?
I have found a few close to the Reformatory but don't know what they are like.... want a nice clean room but not willing to spend a ton of money on it

we will be coming in to town saturday morning

Today I have more good news from the Reformatory. They have set our discount pricing for our own private tours at $5.00 a person. I've provided them with several photos and our club logos for their promotion of this show on their website and Facebook page. They have selected the angle shot photo of Tom's 1960 Eureka for a backdrop of their online flyer and i'll be coordinating this with them, so when a printable version is set up we'll be able to print some off for handouts.

Mike... at this point this is a "Sunday only" one day event. If someone else wants to step up and plan a Saturday function i'm all for it. Working for a Honda supplier we are so slammed this year with production demands my only day off is Sundays, and the Reformatory approached Darren about a Sunday show so that's what we focused on. I will try my best to have this weekend off to be a part of whatever we may plan later for Saturday.
Yes, we will be the only cars there. I have welcomed local car clubs to attend and see our cars as well as local media (already in the works) so there may be some hotrods, originals, and customs show up but they will be coming in to see our rides. I think opening it up to a general "classic car show" with us being the feature would take away the focus somewhat of the PCS and our passion for our cars.

In downtown Mansfield there is a huge indoor carousel, open to the public. Nearby in Marion there is the Warren G. Harding (former US President) home and Memorial (he and his wife are buried there, one of the few not in DC) and many other local attractions.

I will be setting up a table at the show for all of you to go through Jim Tighe's photo collection. When Jim passed Sharon gave me all of his procar photos... there are thousands from many years ago for your enjoyment.

More news posted ASAP as things develop! Mark your calendars now and plan to attend. Old buildings like this spark our curiousity anyway... this is your chance to gather with friends and experience this place for yourselves, inside & out!

I REALLY REALLY wish I lived closer to all you guys. You easterners have all the fun. Maybe in a few years when I retire, I'll move to small town America and have fun like the rest of y'all!

Hotel Recommendations?

For those that might want to travel up the night before and not have a long drive the morning of the event--is there a nice hotel/motel nearby that Ohio Chapter members might recomment? Thanks!

For those that might want to travel up the night before and not have a long drive the morning of the event--is there a nice hotel/motel nearby that Ohio Chapter members might recomment? Thanks!

Click the link in the earlier post... the motels in the Ontario area are only a few exits from the Reformatory. They are nice, modern motels and every desireable restaurant you could ask for are all on that road. There's also a large shopping mall.

Here is the flyer for our Ohio chapter PCS meet @ the Reformatory, feel free to save this to your computers and print off for handouts @ events between now & June. Thanks for all the interest so far!

hearseandambulance_carshow_zps4f60a094.jpg

Here is the flyer for our Ohio chapter PCS meet @ the Reformatory, feel free to save this to your computers and print off for handouts @ events between now & June. Thanks for all the interest so far!

hearseandambulance_carshow_zps4f60a094.jpg

Been away for a while....so thrilled to see this post. Based on the flyer, does that mean limousines are still welcome?

Attachments

• CadCLC.jpg
    CadCLC.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 512
Ohio is unpredictable, we hold the record for the most pro cars at an international meet and the record for the lowest amount at a chapter meet (2)

Do you mean 2 cars or people? If its people the Iowa Hawkeye Chapter has you tied on many occasions, if pro cars, we have you beat, quite a few of ours had only one.

Do you mean 2 cars or people? If its people the Iowa Hawkeye Chapter has you tied on many occasions, if pro cars, we have you beat, quite a few of ours had only one.

Two cars three people and a really bad band in the bar.

Back