1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine Repainted

Haven't posted here for a while.

I decided to treat my 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine repainted. It was due for one... the original black paint was faded in areas and a lot of spider-webbing, especially on the hood.

I did not opt for a $10,000 paint job! Actual cost was about $2,200 and that include some minor bodywork and color sanding and buffing.

I am pleased with the results... it looks much better now. A few years ago, when I was considering a repaint, I was thinking of dark blue. But I am glad I picked black. Besides, I had already painted my '95 Lincoln Town Car dark blue... but that's another story.

2uo5g93.jpg

a5ckti.jpg

16kw0f4.jpg

Yes, it looks much better. Shinier, too, of course.

I forgot to post some "before" photos. It actually looked relatively good from about 20 or 30 feet away. But, once at close view, it was obvious a repaint was needed:

178ui0.jpg

123313q.jpg

Sure makes you WANT to drive it now !

Great choice to freshen it up ! Black for sure.

Enjoy the ride,
Darren

:thumbsup:
I drive it about once a week, on average.

I know I would also like it in dark blue or burgundy, but yes, shiny black does look very formal.

Odometer mileage currently reads right around 99,000, but the speedo wasn't working for about 9 months when it was a daily driver. So figure about 102,000 actual miles.

Back