I Am Excited!

You will see Superior Pontiacs in the '70s with both Bonneville and Catalina grill/dash badging. The Bonneville badged Superiors that I have seen have always had the 455 in them. None of the Catalina badged Superiors that I have seen had a 455 in them.

You will see Superior Pontiacs in the '70s with both Bonneville and Catalina grill/dash badging. The Bonneville badged Superiors that I have seen have always had the 455 in them. None of the Catalina badged Superiors that I have seen had a 455 in them.

My 68 is a Bonneville and the 70 is a Catalina and they both have the 400 cu in engines in them.

Wonder just how much cheaper the 400 was over the 455?
Because we know bottom line was the deciding factor. Being able to produce one cheaper then your competition the name of the game. Buy the cheaper body add only the necessary factory trim to dress the nose that fit the trim you had to build to finish your body. Others like the seville were modified standard bodys. things from the belt line up were removed and replaced. I would love to be able to tour those plants. We have pictures of the top dogs being built but not the little guys.

A Couple of Items of Note!

Well, we took her out a little while ago for her maiden voyage and it was fabulous. The Consort runs like a Swiss watch, that means perfectly! I was very impressed, to say the least.

Secondly, as I stare at the dash, what do I see, a nameplate clearly reading BONNEVILLE, as big as day. Boy, was I surprised. Lucille said, "I knew it was a Bonneville, what did you think it was?!" So much for the car-guy in me.

Back