Ceiling hooks for a Superior

Mark Trask

PCS Member
Hello all,

I am searching for a pair of stretcher ceiling hooks for my 1965 Superior combo. Any one in the club have an extra pair they are willing to part with?
If so, private message me or email me directly at morbilia@verizon.net

Thanks guys,

Mark Trask

you looking for the ring that goes in the ceiling or the rod that suspends from it.
I don't believe I have ever seen a combo with a suspended rack. but I would guess the bows would have the holes in them. maybe just not taped. they were a simple bent rod with the hooks 90 away from each other. there are different lengths to go with the roof to match the side bars. easy enough to make up.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply. I would like the actual rod that suspends from the ring. I have the rings attached to the roof and the side hooks for the cot. just need the steel rods. the ones that I have seen have a sharp u curve at the top and a J at the bottom. I will need to measure the drop down distance as I am sure that these would have been offered by different coach builders and at different lengths. I think that they were used more for cot storage than for actual patient transport.

Mark

those were the transfer hooks. superior was about the only one to use them. some were I have a set here that I got hoping they would fit the the 53 Armbruster I have here but they are to long. when we tried them in the 66 superier high top Tod had they were two long for it also. this set has the same J booth ends 90 deg. out. that way either end out put in the holes the gurney would still fit

if you have one of the hanging stretchers for it use a close hanger and a level to get the length. stick of gas rod works good also. it's surprising how much it takes to get around the bar on the stretcher. one could bend them up out a peace of 1/4 inch bar stock and paint them or have them plated.

here is the set I have here

Attachments

• IMG_5348a.jpg
    IMG_5348a.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 141
Ed is so right,you had the patient on the jump cot and clipping them in involved holding the cot with one hand and clipping it on with the other,may be old fashioned but we needed to replace them we went to a blacksmith with a forge good and strong and easily painted if the hook on the wall is set, that should be your length,keeps the cot level,anyone ever rode on one in training talk about claustrophobia:eek:

Thank you. I will use the hanger method to determine length. I will see if a steel fabrication shop locally can make a pair for me.

Oops.

Before we were a paid service, the volunteers were packrats. They kept EVERYTHING, from EVERY ambulance they EVER owned. We needed to remove the stuff from the supply room, blow out a wall and install a turnout gear washer. Well there's this...stuff.. in an old Scott SCBA case. I thought they were for hanging the scoop on the wall. But now that I've looked at these, and some other pics.. I tossed about four sets of these, some retractable belt type, some pull down bars, wall hooks, etc...in the dumpster. In my defense, they had been sitting in murky flood water filled fiberglass since 2011.

Rule 1... Never throw anything away without first asking on the website if someone else can use it.

Rule 2... Refer to rule 1 for instructions.

Back