FOUND on the web hearses 1957 & 60

Mislabeled '57 is in fact a '58 Superior. Must not be much useable left if it is still available. I saw page initially a few years ago, about time my '58 flower car came along.

That '60 has been in Old Cars Weekly off and on for some time. The body lines throw me (particularly the quarter panel treatment) and I can't place coach builder. Canted roofline between A and B pillars is reminiscent of CB but doesn't match. D pillar looks more like National. Happy if someone can ID it - that's for sure.

The Pontiac looks as if it has been changed up abit please correct me, the steering wheel looks wrong and the air cleaner element housing looks to new for the vintage??? Thanks for the Pinner Pontiac info.
We can tell them is a PP and maybe get a better price for the work it needs. The photos still hide alot. The NE rustworms could be flourishing underneath.

This guy lives near Seymour, MO. Some of his cars are at the Seymour location and the rest are in N/E Nebraska. All of his cars are very much on the high end and all have been advertised extensively for years in various auto trader type publications.

it is a strance beast. the double taillights are the key to it. the roof looks vary close to the pictures Jack shared with us but the lights are differnt.

Attachments

• pinner 0362.jpg
    pinner 0362.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 263
When we first saw photos (a few years ago) of the '60 in the salvage yard, I thought we determined then it was a Pinner.

Compare the features of that car with the short wheelbase car on Page 259 of the Merksamer book and tell me what you think. Except for the single vs. dual taillights, it looks like a match...as does the picture Ed posted.

Corrections - based on confirmation, of course - are always welcome!

One glaring differance that I see is that Pinner always had chrome around the rear window of their cars, which this one doesn't..

Attachments

• 60PontiacHearse1.jpg
    60PontiacHearse1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 60PontiacHearse2.jpg
    60PontiacHearse2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 60PontiacHearse3.jpg
    60PontiacHearse3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 60PontiacHearse4.jpg
    60PontiacHearse4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 215
the kink on the roof at the B pillar is one more give away. the roof line does look like a Pinner as does the rear door but not quite the same. the gas flapper is in a different place to. the glass at the drivers door is taller in the back. one gets to look at it in person you can tell as Pinner's were at least marked, here is another one of jacks pictures. I can say one thing i don't need another mystery poncho

Attachments

• pinner 363.jpg
    pinner 363.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 197
  • pinner 364.jpg
    pinner 364.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 200
Back